Disabling the global Solo button shouldn't unsolo Solo Override-enabled tracks

Author
icontakt
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4266
2015/05/15 23:59:03 (permalink)
5 (3)

Disabling the global Solo button shouldn't unsolo Solo Override-enabled tracks

The Solo Override feature is explained in this page. It's actually a very convenient feature, but there's one thing that I don't understand. Why does disabling the global Solo button have to unsolo Solo Override-enabled tracks as well?

Let's say you have one or two tracks in the project that you NEVER want muted (in my case, this would be a track that contains all automation data for the same multi-timbral soft synth, since Sonar doesn't allow multiple tracks to automate the same synth, as pointed out in this request). What you do is hold down the Shift key and click the Solo button on that track (WITHOUT enabling the Exclusive Solo button on the CB) and freely solo other tracks as usual. But if you disable the global Solo button on the CB wanting to only unsolo non Solo Override-enabled tracks, it unsolos ALL soloed tracks.

Bakers, I need at least either of these features to be implemented to efficiently work in the mixing stage.

Thanks

Tak T.

Primary Laptop: Core i7-4710MQ CPU, 16GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium OS (Japanese) x64 SP1
Secondary Laptop: Core2 Duo CPU, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Windows 7 Professional OS (Japanese) x64 SP1
Audio Interface: iD14 (ASIO)
Keyboard Controller/MIDI Interface: A-800PRO
DAW: SONAR Platinum x64 (latest update installed)

2 Replies Related Threads

lfm
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2216
    Re: Disabling the global Solo button shouldn't unsolo Solo Override-enabled tracks 2015/05/16 06:11:28 (permalink)
    Agreed, I would like the setting with a track to stick, if override thingy.
    Maybe separate from Solo that illuminate too much - just a checkbox "Solo Exempt" like some call it.

When creating a bus, you pretty much know what you will use it for - and check that from start, kind of, and never have to think about it again.

Now there are a lot of undocumented properties of Master track to mention one - it overrides unless you start to solo and stuff.

I'd like to be top dog of my daw, thank you.
    stevec
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11546
    Re: Disabling the global Solo button shouldn't unsolo Solo Override-enabled tracks 2015/05/16 10:47:00 (permalink)
    Sounds like a useful addition.

SteveC
    https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
    Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
    Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1