LockedCWBRN-33215 - [Dorchester Fixed This Already, It Seems]

Author
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
2015/05/24 21:03:50 (permalink)

CWBRN-33215 - [Dorchester Fixed This Already, It Seems]

****This looks like it was resolved with the Dorchester update. I installed the update after Noel's post linked in the OP and cannot get Platinum to CTD even with the most oddball routings I can think of. ****

I put a project in this post to use for routing Geist to drive AD2. I *think* the error may lie in Geist, but the responses by different hosts is also of note. In fact, this issue can be created by simply inserting AD2, the Geist drum map for AD2 from that post (so Geist can fire AD2 from one engine), and Geist (with MIDI output enabled). Here is what I have observed thus far:

In SONAR Platinum -
  1. Simply playing that file and closing it (no save required), works fine first pass.
  2. Re-opening the file after close => CTD (most times, usually on first close/re-open cycle).
  3. Re-opening (when succeeds or after a CTD) has either had bad MIDI routing, caused the audio engine to be off, or both. (I did not realize this may be Geist until trying the S1 v3 DEMO and S1 identified it better. After that I also noticed that Geist's MIDI status goes to RED when reopening).
   In X3 - CTD is rarer, but happens. 1 and 3 above are both consistent. I recall a couple CTD, but rarer than in Platinum.

In Studio One v3 (demo) - I simply inserted Geist and AD2 (with the Geist map), and used a third instrument track to provide the MIDI link between the two.
  1. Everything went fine for this until the very end (where I set a song end marker for export).
  2. At that point a warning message popped up saying a VST2 had tried to do something bad (forgot verbiage).
  3. In anticipation of a CTD, I acknowledged the warning, but nothing "bad" happened. S1 apparently overrode it (and set the end marker as I asked to boot). This warning was also not associated with a close/re-open, but rather an internal S1 function.
  4. UPDATE - I did need to re-route MIDI through the third instrument track to bring the functionality back online, but was unable to duplicate the first occurrence or get S1 to crash. I specifically tweaked, played, and opened/closed this project numerous times to try to get the crash to occur there.
In all cases where the project has had issues on reload (just noticed this), the MIDI is highlighted RED in Geist. I finally got a message from Platinum that a dump had been created, so submitted that with this Problem Report.

UPDATE - The dmp file reminder came up again in S1, so that may be a dmp file initiated by FxPansion. Opened an additional ticket with them directly and linked this thread.

post edited by mettelus - 2015/05/26 17:08:01

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1