Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here

Author
komposer
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 52
2015/05/15 22:29:38 (permalink)

Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here

Is there anybody out there who has had a positive Rap Pro install on Windows?

25 Replies Related Threads

Anderton
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/16 02:08:48 (permalink)
    Have you checked the CCC lately? Seems like there have been some fixes.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    BobF
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/16 07:56:10 (permalink)
    I have experienced most of the problems others have reported but that hasn't stopped me from replacing DimPro instances with RapPro in a couple of current projects.  Even though they are using legacy DimPro programs, the load on my DAW is noticeably less with RapPro than DimPro.

Other than those projects I've only been able to noodle and explore a bit with RapPro as I'm not a heavy synth user.  So far I like what I'm hearing and they way it's presented.

Overall for me, I'm happy to be able to use RapPro as an improvement over DimPro while eagerly awaiting updates to solve some of the annoyances.

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/16 10:54:19 (permalink)
    I don't seem to have any off the loading issues, regards time (loads quick enough) or missing packs (though only 2 have been installed).

Within Sonar I don't have any issues, works fine. Stand alone won't launch the ASIO platform though, so I can't use stand alone, but I have no desire to, soo can't be arsed to chase Cake about it. Nothing came of my previous efforts to get issues resolved with development team or technical support, so I won't waste my time on something I don't care about.

@Craig, cool, I hadn't checked CCC

Kamikaze
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/16 13:13:01 (permalink)
    Anderton

I haven't upgraded my Rapture Pro since I purchased 2 weeks ago. Still the same version showing in my account and CCC. Are you sure there has been a fixes release recently?

Doktor Avalanche
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4294
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/16 13:56:38 (permalink)
    Once you've tackled getting the program you want (that's most of the issues) it's fine from there really providing you stick to Sonar. Tricky with other DAW's.
    promidi
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1220
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/17 19:17:59 (permalink)
    Anderton

I just checked CCC (at 17th March, 7:00pm Boston time) and there are no rapture Pro updates available. It still shows version 2.0.0.480

Are updates staggered so as not to overwhelm the content hosting servers when everyone at once goes "engage"?
    Anderton
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/17 21:17:03 (permalink)
    Are you Windows or Mac? The Windows version in my CCC is showing 2.0.1.488. [ooops - please see major correction in subsequent post]

I was about to detail my tale of woe trying to update Rapture Pro. It would not update the .dll itself and gave me the option to abort, retry, or cancel. I hit retry numerous times to no avail. CCC also posted a message that said the Matrix button .bmp resource could not be replaced.

What the error message SHOULD have said was "Hey, dummy, do you realize SONAR is running in the background and you have an instance of Rapture Pro inserted? Just sayin.'"

Doh.

For whatever reason Rapture Pro is behaving itself. All the libraries are there are everything is working. I have run across some patches with issues (e.g., tuning on some acoustic instrument notes, a click at the beginning of the note, that sort of thing) but everything is stable enough to do some serious patch development. The Performance controls are great, not just because of performance options, but because you can program several easy-to-access variations within a single patch.

post edited by Anderton - 2015/05/18 12:19:32

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    promidi
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/17 21:32:00 (permalink)
    Anderton
    Are you Windows or Mac? The Windows version in my CCC is showing 2.0.1.488.

I'm on Windows 7 32bit (32bit due to legacy Yamaha SW1000XG which is for my Bread and Butter MIDI files).  I suspect you are seeing 2.0.1.488 because you would be on Windows 64bit.....  hopefully the 32bit version will be updated soon

Note:if I could, I would jump to 64bit in a heart beat....
    Kamikaze
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 01:02:41 (permalink)
    I'm on Windows 64 bit and still 2.0.0.480 is only in CCC and the Store for me. CCC showing the green light.

BobF
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 08:15:28 (permalink)
    480 showing in the store for me as well

Bob  --
    --

Kamikaze
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 08:34:42 (permalink)
    Maybe you have Rapture Crew privileges Criag. What does it show on your account. Maybe updated so your new months content ensured to work with the ix release when we all get it.

promidi
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 08:35:35 (permalink)
    BobF

CCC also I assume?
    promidi
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 08:36:43 (permalink)
    Kamikaze
    Maybe you have Rapture Crew privileges Criag.

I was thinking the same thing....  Intranet connection as opposed to internet connection
    gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 09:13:20 (permalink)
    Rapture pro is working properly for me. All now works. I uninstalled all and reinstalled all. Took a while. I followed instructions from support.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    BobF
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 10:01:37 (permalink)
    promidi
    BobF

CCC also I assume?

I don't use CCC ...

Bob  --
    --

Anderton
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 12:14:04 (permalink)
    MAJOR CORRECTION: The build number I gave was not a public one. It was a custom version to assist me in the patch creation process ,and Cakewalk had dropped it into my CCC. I think the improved results I'm seeing are probably due to my being more familiar with the instrument. Sorry!!!

Kamikaze
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 12:21:54 (permalink)
    It's a reassuring blunder Craig, something is around the corner.

komposer
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 52
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/18 22:37:41 (permalink)
    I was thinking that my OP was going to be taken as an obvious trolling attempt. It was meant to be. I'm surprised and glad that it wasn't. Kuddos to ya'll.

I've opened Rap Pro again after many days and have been pleased to see that more programs are now working, though not all.

My agnst isn't just about Rap Pro not functioning as advertised, but I got a bit heated when seeing the ad at KVR.

It makes a supporter of Cakewalk (myself) question where our support is directed. It kind of makes me feel like a sucker. It wasn't ready for release. A silly ad buy shouldn't dictate your release schedule.

I am a lucky resident of the former Gibson factory locale who owns and plays awesome factory seconds from days past.

I've expressed once before,... I'm a little bummed that this has been allowed to be released.
    promidi
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/19 00:46:07 (permalink)
    komposer
    It makes a supporter of Cakewalk (myself) question where our support is directed. It kind of makes me feel like a sucker. It wasn't ready for release. A silly ad buy shouldn't dictate your release schedule.

I am a lucky resident of the former Gibson factory locale who owns and plays awesome factory seconds from days past.

I've expressed once before,... I'm a little bummed that this has been allowed to be released.

I was thinking the same thing that Rapture Pro does have issues.  However, on second thought, I am still glad I made the purchase.  We can see what it can become.  Also, at the end of the day, I would have still shelled out the dollars for it knowing that it will be improved.

That being said, I would not yet quite trust it in a live situation as I have loaded some patches (even stock RP ones) that bring Rapture Pro to a screeching halt.

I have read on here that people are concerned that Rapture Pro is simply the same feature set that Rapture Legacy and Dim Pro have.  To some extent that may be true.  However, I like the consolidation of patches (before we have to remember which synth had which patch) , the search-able browser is handy, the performance mode is excellent.

I suspect that the update for Rapture Pro will be released along with the E*.* release of sonar. 

I can't wait.  But I guess it's a case of "Patience Grasshopper...."
    Kamikaze
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/19 01:53:41 (permalink)
    I downloaded I for the clavinet and to take advantage of of the sale price. (I still have a bruised shine from kicking myself and no nose from spiting my face for not taking the Pultec EQ when it was $9.99, having already spent a stack on special offers in December). I don't need any of the content just now, so it having teething problems it's a problem, as it seems their flagship VSTi right now and they will make sure it all works out in the end. I am forutuante however in that it does seem to work for me and I haven't had the issues others have had. I hope that being I haven't reassure those that have, that it can work well and therefore will at some point soon.

gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/19 11:02:26 (permalink)

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    Anderton
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/19 19:20:25 (permalink)
    I was pretty nonplussed about Rapture Pro at first, which is why you didn't see me posting much initially. I didn't want to complain and later find out it was just unfamiliarity.

It was sort of half and half. There were definite issues, which have been mentioned in these threads, but there was also quite a bit of pilot error/misunderstanding.

The more I use it, the more I like it. The Performance page is turning out to be the hidden gem for me by consolidating a lot of parameters in an easy-to-use way. There are definitely some issues, but I suspect they'll be fixed sooner rather than later. I don't think it will take too much to make Rapture Pro the way it's supposed to be.

Meanwhile, I must say I think I'm coming up with some cool sounds...

promidi
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/20 03:05:38 (permalink)
    Anderton

I can feel a content pack coming on  :)
    Anderton
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/21 07:48:00 (permalink)
    promidi
    Anderton

I can feel a content pack coming on  :)

You're right. I'm thinking of calling it "The Digital Waveform Collection." Definitely not strings and horns, and lots of wave sequencing 

jbow
    Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7601
    Re: Rapture Pro Success Stories - Post your thoughts here 2015/05/24 23:39:09 (permalink)
    gswitz
    Rapture pro is working properly for me. All now works. I uninstalled all and reinstalled all. Took a while. I followed instructions from support.

Are you talking about the RP Installation FAQ above or something else?
    Thanks.
    J

Sonar Platinum
    Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
    HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1