Helpful ReplyCan someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link?

Author
Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
2015/05/28 05:59:53 (permalink)

Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link?

Hi-

It seems like it's a huge deal, but other than seeing "corruption" bandied about, I'm not sure what the accusations are.

Thanks-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 06:22:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dubdisciple 2015/05/29 10:28:29
Some guys kick around a bag of air.
Every 4 years a group of them get together in a chosen country to see who can kick it around the best.
The chosen country can make a lot of money from related business deals.
A lot of companies can make a lot of money from related business deals.  (Building stadiums, infrastructure, finance, etc.)
A lot of individuals within those companies can make a lot of money.
The country is chosen by voting.
Some of the guys with interest in the business deals have (allegedly) bribed some of the voters to influence which country gets to host air bag kicking.
This, if true, would give them massive advantage in the related business deals and other business related to the related business deals...  as the ripples spread..
The people arrested are at the very top of the world governing body and are alleged to be totally corrupt.  By implication this makes the Governing Body itself untenable as it currently stands.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

Brando
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2776
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 08:31:38 (permalink)
Susan G
Hi-

It seems like it's a huge deal, but other than seeing "corruption" bandied about, I'm not sure what the accusations are.

Thanks-

-Susan

Biggest issue was kickbacks involving broadcast rights and awarding of upcoming 2018+ World Cup competitions. (Today Putin accusing US of attempting to derail their hosting of the 2018 WC event). Here's the best summary I've seen:
 http://www.vox.com/2015/5...ifa-arrests-indictment

Brando
Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 08:58:55 (permalink)
Hi,

Don't forget ... you vote for me today and I'll vote for you tomorrow!

And it's totally bizarre that Putin opens his mouth, in a country that has some of the biggest history of corruption this side of a church!

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
Mystic38
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1622
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 09:02:39 (permalink)
its all about fraud, corruption and bribery on a global scale with zero financial oversight and zero accountability.

and, for FIFA, its the same....

HPE-580T with i7-950, 8G, 1.5T, ATI6850, Win7/64, Motu 828 III Hybrid, Motu Midi Express, Sonar Platinum, Komplete 9, Ableton Live 9 & Push 2, Melodyne Editor and other stuff, KRK VXT8 Monitors
Virus Ti2 Polar, Fantom G6, Yamaha S70XS, Novation Nova, Novation Nova II, Korg MS2000, Waldorf Micro Q, NI Maschine Studio, TC-VoiceLive Rack, 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 2001 Gibson Les Paul DC, 1999 Fender Am Hardtail Strat, Fender Blues Jr, Orange TH30/PPC212, Tak EF360GF, one mic, no talent.
Moshkito
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 09:13:25 (permalink)
Mystic38
its all about fraud, corruption and bribery on a global scale with zero financial oversight and zero accountability.

Don't forget that in many of the countries that those folks are from, THERE IS NO oversight or accountability for rich folks! PERIOD!

If there were, half the Arab folks would be busted and no one would buy oil from them individually because of WHERE they sent their money! ... and guns, and this and that ... etc, etc!

post edited by Moshkito - 2015/05/28 09:20:04

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
KenB123
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1229
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 10:46:44 (permalink)
Here's a funny look at FIFA by John Oliver broadcast last June 2014. Very insightful.

http://youtu.be/DlJEt2KU33I

Broken pencils are pointless.

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

drewfx1
Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6585
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 12:04:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ampfixer 2015/05/28 12:14:02

Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha 

I'd be happy to accommodate you (and allow you host the discussion for us) - if you pay me $2 million first.

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
slartabartfast
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5289
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 12:12:56 (permalink)
Bert Guy
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1042
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/28 23:33:57 (permalink)

Silence is so accurate

http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=587673

Susan G
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12016
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/29 01:05:33 (permalink)
Wow, great info! Looks like John Oliver nailed it and good for Loretta Lynch.

Thanks so much, all!

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
Moshkito
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/29 09:55:08 (permalink)
Hi,

Susan ... here we go the Mickey Mousse version!

There is a side to this, that is not always visible to many Americans. When you look at all the military this and that, be it in Africa or elsewhere, it is usually because of the controls of the moneys/economy in that particular state, and there is always another group that wants a part of it and is not getting it.

Sometimes, not as much in these days, it is about religion and an ideal, but those tend to die out real quick.

In Latin America, since the days of the "conquistadores", it's always been about the control of the people, even so far as killing the natives to achieve their goals ... a good movie on this is "The Mission", a must see movie that kinda gives away why South America is so messed up economically and no one can control it. Europe has always been about the upper crust of its people, and how they inter-mingled to get something or other done. And even including the Roman Catholic Church many hundreds of years ago.

The issue always was about getting things done without anyone knowing why, how or what for. In the 20th century, with the advent of the media, this has gotten more and more difficult, and this should be no surprise to you why some courts in Europe want to shut up Google, Yahoo and other searches, because it brings "bad" information about their own upper class folks ... they continue to try and change laws and governance, so they can make sure they stay in power, and no one "dares" ask something as personal as to how much you make, and so forth, which in America was done away with a long time ago, and will get you in jail! But in Europe and many other countries, that is the sign of the rich class and their control on the rest of the people.

FIFA, uses the highest of the high, from all over the world. They never think they are wrong, and they all want a piece of the big pie ... and the biggest pie has been for almost 75 years, the World Cup, whose rights from the media went insane after Pele in 1958 and 1962. Before then, half the world did not know it existed. And it was at that time that the media "exploded" all over Europe, and guess who "owned it"? 

America changed the way these things worked, because the highest of the high in America do not have a whole lot more rights than you or I ... they might have more cars and dope, but that's about it!

dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/29 10:27:14 (permalink)
Moshkito
Mystic38

Don't forget that in many of the countries that those folks are from, THERE IS NO oversight or accountability for rich folks! PERIOD!

If there were, half the Arab folks would be busted and no one would buy oil from them individually because of WHERE they sent their money! ... and guns, and this and that ... etc, etc!

Why single out Arabs? The statement you used can be equally applied across the world. The weapons wars around the world are fought with are manufactured and sold by mostly US , China, Russia and France. War has always been a way for rich people to make money off of poor nations in conflict.
Moshkito
Re: Can someone condense the FIFA brouhaha for me or point me to a good link? 2015/05/31 11:36:26 (permalink)
dubdisciple
Why single out Arabs? The statement you used can be equally applied across the world. The weapons wars around the world are fought with are manufactured and sold by mostly US , China, Russia and France. War has always been a way for rich people to make money off of poor nations in conflict.

It was not meant that way at all. The idea was that no one checks anything, and the numbers that many of these high level people talk about, are probably one half of what they take with them!

I kinda thought that the example of the super rich sheiks and this and that would be a better example, since we can not "name" people in Russia, China, France or anywhere else. AND, there are just as many of them doing the right thing, as otherwise, I imagine! 

In the end, it has a tendency to show their strength and ability, and a lot of this can be seen in Europe in the form of soccer and the many top teams that are now owned by some of those interests (including American!) and they are simply running the show and their teams will rarely lose and such! And it distorts, our appreciation, and understanding, by eating up our own emotions!

But heck ... this has been done for thousands of years by so many folks, it's not even funny! It's been the history of the world as we know it!

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1