Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly

Author
Tradewynd
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2015/05/23 14:53:40 (permalink)

Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly

My company is now considering ending our decade old relationship with Cakewalk due to the inability of their basically worthless payment processing company.
Funny, Cakewalk shows the correct CC info that was updated 3 times over the last 3 months and "clever"bridge just can't seem to charge against anything but a CC that we cancelled in Feb.
If this is the level of company that Cakewalk wants to align themselves with then we will most likely be moving to Avid based on industry standards, and input from others in our profession as to the customer service they provide.

I know something didn't bode well when Cakewalk went to an outside payment provider, that is usually a strong indicator of a company that wants to distance itself from its customers or one that is on its last legs.

11 Replies Related Threads

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/23 19:40:27 (permalink)
    Cleverbriidge rejected my UK credit card last week. Had me worried that something had happened with my UK accounts, my safety reserve. The details were in there from a previous transaction, so I hadn't miss-typed anything. Checked my accounts, re-tried and it worked. fine.

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/23 19:41:17 (permalink)
    Cleverbriidge rejected my UK credit card last week. Had me worried that something had happened with my UK accounts, my safety reserve. The details were in there from a previous transaction, so I hadn't miss-typed anything. Checked my accounts, re-tried and it worked. fine.

Tradewynd
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/26 01:37:19 (permalink)
    Well this is an US card and they swear they charged against the "correct" card even though my bank says they did not and I have the electronic records to prove it.

I also have an e-mail from the fools that shows they charged against the card that I closed out 3 months ago!!!!!

I don't need the hassle and will be talking to my partners tomorrow about moving to Avid. A company that stands behind their customers and handles their own billing and customer support.
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/27 06:25:54 (permalink)
    I can only suggest to use PayPal instead of other methods. You always see what is going on and you do not have problems with closed accounts.
    I had small problem once in Cakewalk shop (before Cleverbridge), but that was solved fast by Cakewalk. I had no problems with Cleverbridge+PayPal so far, instant processing.

I guess complications in shopping (you could use any other dialer) has nothing to do with the decision to change the DAW. It is bad Cleverbridge can not handle that correctly, but by changing CC you have introduced some unusual situation.

Unrelated. Sorry to say, but "decade old relationship", newly created account, "my company", changed CC, "moving to Avid"... I have hard time creating harmonic picture from that components.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Tradewynd
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/29 02:21:14 (permalink)
    Well using PayPal is fine for a person, business' tend not to use a fly by night company like them that is owned by eBay lock-stock-and-barrel.

Sorry you can't for a "harmonic" picture, maybe if English was your language you would understand better a company that seems to be acting like a 2 man start-up and not a professional organization.

Maybe you should deal with Adobe or Avid or Sony and then get back to me as to the quality of support from Cleverbridge and Cakewalk!
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/29 06:38:17 (permalink)
    paypal are "fly by night"? lol, they've only been involved in online payment transactions since the beginning, and continue to lead that industry...why do you think ebay bought them?

however, i do agree that cleverbridge are a bit rubbish, and furthermore, while the company farming out the payment processing to a 3rd party relieves the company of work, responsibility, etc, it (farming stuff out to 3rd parties) is generally not to the benefit of the end-user/customer

just a sec

Tradewynd
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/29 17:10:39 (permalink)
    So you don't consider a company that charges rates that make Amex look reasonable to process money a fly by night operation?

Ok how about plain and simple pirates / robbers.

When you sell on eBay and are forced to use PayPal since they even charge you a fee for the shipping anymore, you loose over 10% of what you get for a sale.

That is robbery and yes that is fly by night practices. Glad you love the shaft I prefer a good lube job first myself and like to see things coming.
    Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
    Administrator
    • Total Posts : 1067
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/29 17:45:36 (permalink)
    Tradewynd
    Well using PayPal is fine for a person, business' tend not to use a fly by night company like them that is owned by eBay lock-stock-and-barrel.

Sorry you can't for a "harmonic" picture, maybe if English was your language you would understand better a company that seems to be acting like a 2 man start-up and not a professional organization.

Maybe you should deal with Adobe or Avid or Sony and then get back to me as to the quality of support from Cleverbridge and Cakewalk!

Cakewalk cannot address the payment issue directly. We do not have access to this, only Cleverbridge does. We went with Cleverbridge because they are a reputable company with a large number of reputable clients, and also because they offered a large number of advantages over our previous eCommerce solution. I'm sorry to hear you ran into difficulties.

There is a note attached to your purchase that Cleverbridge sent information in regards to how to update your payment information. Did you follow up? Some context of what they have suggested and what you have done on your end might help us moving forward to create a better experience.
    post edited by Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk] - 2015/05/29 17:52:40

Ryan Munnis
    Cakewalk
    SpanknCrank
    • Total Posts : 47
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/29 18:19:36 (permalink)
    Tradewynd

I don't need the hassle and will be talking to my partners tomorrow about moving to Avid. A company that stands behind their customers and handles their own billing and customer support.

You're seriously on some heavy medication if you believe that Avid offers support. If you're a million-dollar video house with a support contract then I'm sure support is great. 

If every company I buy music gear behaved like the 'industry standard' we would all be paying for support and be locked into certain options.

They do not do their own billing it says right on the footer of their shop. 

Seller of the products in your shopping cart and your contractual partner for North America, South America, Central America and the Caribbean is: arvato Systems North America Inc.,6 East 32nd St, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10016, USA

Seller of the products in your shopping cart and your contractual partner for Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania is: arvato Systems GmbH, An der Autobahn 200, 33333 Gütersloh, Germany. Michael Pesch HRB 3981 / DE 811147981

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/30 08:23:10 (permalink)
    Tradewynd

You are right. English is not my language, sorry. I have not understood that your company has 2 man start-up and is not a professional organization. That clarifies why you change CC and need something from Cakewalk several times within 3 month...

SpanknCrank

Seller of the products in your shopping cart and your contractual partner for North America, South America, Central America and the Caribbean is: arvato Systems North America Inc.,6 East 32nd St, 11th Floor, New York, NY 10016, USA

Seller of the products in your shopping cart and your contractual partner for Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania is: arvato Systems GmbH, An der Autobahn 200, 33333 Gütersloh, Germany. Michael Pesch HRB 3981 / DE 811147981

For those with own English... The translation for the text in bold is "Near motorway 200" (to be honest, 200 is really the house number, the motorway is A2).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Inablity of "Clever" bridge to process payments correctly 2015/05/30 08:35:11 (permalink)
    thanks, my german is Scheiße ;-)

just a sec

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1