Demo Audio effects CWPA9

Author
mitm@bellsouth.net
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2004/12/25 10:43:04 (permalink)

Demo Audio effects CWPA9

I need someone to give me some help, please!! ProAudio 9's efx menu lists most of the audio effects as 'Demo reverb' or whatever??

I've posted this question before, but the replies I got don't tell me how, they keep syaing, 'make sure the effect is installed', but nowhere can I find how to do that??

When I try to use an effect, I keep getting 'OUT OF MEMORY'?? I know that's not right I have a boatload of memory and speed in my system??

jeff morgan

15 Replies Related Threads

larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/25 13:38:35 (permalink)
    I had that problem with CWPA9. As I recall it meant that the selected effect was not installed. In my case I'd had some demo effects installed and then removed them but forgot I'd done that. However they still showed up in PA9's effects list. To avoid that problem I used AnalogX's DXMan to fully remove them. www.analogx.com -- has lots of goodies.
    Good luck,
    Larry
    mitm@bellsouth.net
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/26 08:21:30 (permalink)
    Larry,

I appreciate your reply, BUT, this is the same thing you told me a year ago, and I didn't understand it then??? I downloaded DXMan, installed it, ran it, and it wouldn't remove any of the demo effects. There has to be something I'm missing on these effects, things shouldn't be this difficult!...in the cakewalk root directory none of the effects are even called demo?? Where are the Demo effects on the drop-down menu even located, my manual sure doesn't tell me anything, or I just can't find it?? When you say, "it meant that the selected effect was not installed. In my case I'd had some demo effects installed and then removed them but forgot I'd done that"...what, exactly, does that mean?

jeff morgan
    larrymcg
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/26 18:52:03 (permalink)
    jeff,
    Sorry about the repeat info -- I didn't notice that you were the same person that asked the question last year. Now for some new info....

If you ever installed the demo version of the effects and then used their uninstall option, it appears that the plug-ins are not completely removed. I think the plug-in executables are removed but traces in the registry and maybe Cakewalk itself are still hanging around. So the menu says they are there but they really aren't which leads to the OUT OF MEMORY error when you try to use them.

There is another program which I've also used to solve this situation. It's called DX Uninstaller and you can get it here
    http://vb-audio.com/
    I've used both DX Uninstaller and DXMan on various occasions.

I'm assuming that you don't want the demo plug-ins installed. If you do, then I'd say you need to first clean up the mess with DX Uninstaller and then re-install the demo plug-ins.

Hope this helps,
    Larry
    < Message edited by larrymcg -- 12/26/2004 4:01:15 PM >
    mitm@bellsouth.net
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/26 19:29:40 (permalink)
    Larry,

Thanks for the reply, I'm starting to get back into the swing of things with CWPA 9 but I'd forgotten about this issue.

When CW is first installed, is that where all these "demo" effects come in, cause I have never installed, or uninsalled, any effects, demo or otherwise?? Do I need to re-install CW 9? Does one have to go to another site to get the effects to install???? I ASSUMED that , when I run DXMan it lists all the effects, and they are duplicated i.e. Demo pitch shifter.ax, and Pitch shifter.ax, if I deleted the Demo it would leave the 'normal' effect, but like I said, DXMan didn't delete anything?? By going to your listed site above, will this remove the 'Demo' efx, and will that leave what I'm calling the normal efx for use???

This shouldn't be this @$^&! difficult, and where did all other CW 9 users learn to fix this issue??

jeff morgan
    larrymcg
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/26 23:26:11 (permalink)
    I believe that DX Uninstaller will list all the effects it finds and let you select the ones you want to get rid of.
    It's been a long time since I installed PA9 and dealt with the demo effects and I can't remember if they were included in the original install or if I installed them later. I got rid of them just so I wouldn't try to use them. Over time my PA9 keeps listing more and more audio effects. They turn out to be DX plugins from *other* programs. It seems to me that when a DX plugin/effect is installed in the system PA9 can see it - probably because of something that is put in the registry. So now I have a bunch of effects listed that don't make sense for PA9 and cause bad results if tried. For example, I have Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator and now PA9's audio effects menu has an entry called ROXIO and under that are effects for things like DV Frame Detector, MPEG1 Audio Decoder, MPEG1 Muxer, MPEG2 Muxer etc. I don't even know what these things are. There are menu entries for other programs than Roxio too. I've learned to ignore the other things and stick to the Cakewalk and CFX menu items.
    I also do not want to delete these other plugins because then the other programs which need them would fail. I guess that's just a side effect of the plugins being a global resource rather than something that is installed into a specific program and available only to that program.
    I think I'm getting off the track.
    Frow what you wrote I think you have some non-demo effects installed and working. Right?
    Do you also want to get the demo effects working?
    Larry
    larrymcg
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/26 23:32:46 (permalink)
    You can get the demo audio FX1 effects at:
    http://www.thedirectxfiles.com/manufacturers/cakewalk_fx1.htm
    You might find some other interesting info at the root site
    http://www.thedirectxfiles.com/
    Larry
    mitm@bellsouth.net
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/27 10:35:32 (permalink)
    Larry,

I mentioned in one of my replies that DXMan does list all the efx, including all Demo efx, but it won't let me delete ANYTHING??

It's been so long since I installed 9 I can't remember, but it seems like someone told me for these demo efx to work, I would have to rename them?? I tried that this morning...didn't work!

If I go to the site mentioned above, why would those Demo efx work??, and, NO, none of my Demo efx work, I get the 'Out of Memory' warning with them all! I do have some efx that aren't marked Demo in the menu, and they all work, and all efx I find in the cakewalk root directory aren't marked 'Demo', and I can't even figure out where the Demo efx are stored??

I JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS WHOLE THING!! If there is such confusion with these, why wouldn't Cakewalk put some kind of information about it in the manual??

This is getting out of hand!! I want to thank you for your efforts! I don't know what I'm gonna do? I have a Yamaha SPX 990 multi-effect processor I use in my studio, but I only use that on vocals, and wanted to use the cakewalk efx on other audio parts in my music...maybe I should get rid of cakewalk all together??

jeff
    Repoman
    • Total Posts : 4
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/27 10:52:56 (permalink)
    I've had similar problems. Right now what I'm dealing with is the FX (in FX2) that I add will only last for 2 bars - any suggestions on how to solve that problem.
    larrymcg
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/27 14:00:48 (permalink)
    jeff,
    Since DXMan did not succeed in uninstalling the demo effects then you should try my other suggestion of using DX Uninstaller. If you want the demo effects to work then getting the old ones properly uninstalled and then installing them again would be my advice. Since you have non-demo effects working properly I'm not sure why you want the demo ones to work. Remember that they will work in a limited way. That is, they will stop after a short while, or drop out from time to time or insert some noise from time to time. These are the ways the effects authors keep you from actually using the demo effect as opposed to just finding out how they sound.

You keep wondering where the demo effects are stored. As I stated earlier, they likely are not stored anywhere! Some previous uninstallation deleted the effects themselves but left traces in the registry. I believe DX Uninstaller will get rid of all traces of the effects you want to get rid of.

I don't think getting rid of Cakewalk will solve your problem unless you have some other app you can use and you don't need to use Cakewalk any more.

Just remember that if you get the demo effects to work they will be of limited use as I described above.

Larry
    larrymcg
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/27 14:03:10 (permalink)
    Repoman,
    My only guess is that you have demo versions of the effects. Otherwise I don't have a clue.
    Larry
    mitm@bellsouth.net
    RE: Demo Audio effects CWPA9 2004/12/28 06:39:30 (permalink)
    Repoman...Sorry,don't know a thing about your problem, I still can't figure out the problem I'm having....Good luck!!
    dragan
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: fx 1 and out of memory probs 2008/05/23 00:57:34 (permalink)
    hey gday i have just bought fx 1 and loaded it works great
    but now my other effects wont work revrb,delay,chorus etcwhen i go to use them a message comes up sayin out of memory

can any one help please
    larrymcg
    RE: fx 1 and out of memory probs 2008/05/23 12:48:47 (permalink)
    I really believe, like stated in the earlier posts in this thread, that the out of memory error indicates that the effect is not installed (properly). DXMan and DXUninstaller (mentioned above) are the only tools I know to correct the situation.
    --Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    dragan
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: fx 1 and out of memory probs 2008/05/25 20:38:17 (permalink)
    larry gday

i have had a error message come up saying that cakewalk has closed the references to the effects, this happened after i loaded up the fx1 software, does this software overide the originall cakewalk effects.
    larrymcg
    RE: fx 1 and out of memory probs 2008/05/26 13:09:07 (permalink)
    dragan, I don't think the fx1 effects should override the original effects. However, there are so many strange errors being reported in this thread that I'm pretty sure I don't know what's possible and what's going on. I've never hear of, or seen, the error you mention about cakewalk closing the references to the effects. Sorry about that......
    --Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1