Some first attempts at making a backing track...Need some feedback

Author
Planobilly
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 176
2015/07/03 01:57:33 (permalink)

Some first attempts at making a backing track...Need some feedback

This is a backing track with guitar, bass, and drums with no real mixing yet.
I will re mix it next and re post for comparison.

Just need to see if anyone thinks they could play over this or any comments you have.

Trying to learn new stuff...lol

https://soundcloud.com/pl...-track-in-b-flat-76bpm

Thanks,

Billy

" Music is a team sport "

4 Replies Related Threads

ohgrant
    Max Output Level: -35.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3966
    Re: Some first attempts at making a backing track...Need some feedback 2015/07/03 13:40:20 (permalink)
    I like all your tracks Bill and is fun improvising over them. I'm not sure if you are asking for a collab partner or you're building these so you can play live to. Not everyone uses Sonar for the same reasons and goals. If your goal is to make a great backing track for you to play live to, I would say mission accomplished.

Me

Planobilly
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 176
    Re: Some first attempts at making a backing track...Need some feedback 2015/07/03 16:38:09 (permalink)
    Thanks for the kind words and  feedback ohgrant.

I am making these tracks for anyone who wants to use them including me.
    I am always looking for new collab partners to work with.
    It is always a lot of fun to work with other people on the internet and live for that matter.
    I really like to work in the studio live and that has been what I did in the past.
    Now I am exploring the internet which is a more or less new world for me.
    The internet experience has been a lot harder to do in many cases. The best results for me is to run Skype or google plus because the communication is so much less problematic.

Cheers,

Billy

" Music is a team sport "
    ohgrant
    Max Output Level: -35.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3966
    Re: Some first attempts at making a backing track...Need some feedback 2015/07/03 17:59:19 (permalink)
     Understood, reason I asked was I thought I remembered you posting a real cool Blues tune with some real nice soloing and thought that might be you and if so, I may have suggested, missing just one thing. The sweet tones.

As far as this track here, I really like the chord progression. You seem to be recording the live instruments nicely. I can hear some soloing for it but would make a really great song.

If you and I were to collab, my vote would be the A Blues piece though.

All great tasteful stuff in my book though.  Stick around and I'm sure you'll get yourself in many collabs here with many folks.  

Me

synkrotron
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5263
    Re: Some first attempts at making a backing track...Need some feedback 2015/07/05 01:22:37 (permalink)
    Hi Billy,

I think that what you have done is fine for playing over. Could do with the guitar and bass bringing up a bit (or drums down), if you took this further. But as something to improvise to and experiment with, it's fine.

How did you create this?

cheers

andy

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
    Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1