A 're-scan for midi devices' option?

Author
BombayCharlie
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
2015/07/03 07:38:54 (permalink)

A 're-scan for midi devices' option?

Hey all, maybe I'm missing something, but when I open Sonar without turning on my Motif ES6 first, Sonar doesn't see the midi device. It will tell me that it is not available. Got it. Is there a re-scan for midi devices option like there is to find VSTs and plug-ins? If not, I would love to have that. The only way I get Sonar to see my midi device (if I don't turn it on first) is to re-boot Sonar. 

I must be missing something?

Charlie
Custom Built PC
Windows 10 Home 
Intel-i3 4160
16 gig ram
Tascam US-144 Mark I

1 Reply Related Threads

mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: A 're-scan for midi devices' option? 2015/07/03 10:24:27 (permalink)
    MIDI devices come online to Windows (who needs to see them first), and then they get recognized by SONAR. AFAIK, this is already automatic, but can/will take several seconds to occur. SONAR has always given me a pop up saying "New device detected, would you like to use it now?" Try opening SONAR, then powering on a controller and see how long this takes to occur for you.

The counterpoint is I cannot recall now if this alters previously used assignments for that controller (if multiple ins/outs), meaning if the controller comes online in this method if the controller has to then be enabled in preferences.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1