Timeless Weir

Author
Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
2015/07/03 12:39:01 (permalink)

Timeless Weir

Hi,

" It's an eternal moment, it's a timeless place," Weir said. "We've been there on many different nights, but it's the same moment.  When your body becomes electric, and all the other stuff you bring to the party is sort of left behind because you are there in the moment and time drops away, space drops away, you sort of ascend to another place ... "

I'm watching it tonite!

It's never been my favorite band, but there are some things within it that are just right ... and an attitude towards music that is not appreciated by many and not worked with most folks today! Even here ... they will do a song, but a cover of Dark Star? In your dead dreams!
post edited by Moshkito - 2015/07/03 12:58:39

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 

3 Replies Related Threads

drewfx1
    Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6585
    Re: Timeless Weir 2015/07/03 13:03:52 (permalink)
    Moshkito
    Hi,

" It's an eternal moment, it's a timeless place," Weir said. "We've been there on many different nights, but it's the same moment.  When your body becomes electric, and all the other stuff you bring to the party is sort of left behind because you are there in the moment and time drops away, space drops away, you sort of ascend to another place ... "

I'm watching it tonite!

It's never been my favorite band, but there are some things within it that are JUST EXACTLY PERFECT ... and an attitude towards music that is not appreciated by many and not worked with most folks today! Even here ... they will do a song, but a cover of Dark Star? In your dead dreams!

Just Exactly Perfected

Sunshine daydream. 

In order, then, to discover the limit of deepest tones, it is necessary not only to produce very violent agitations in the air but to give these the form of simple pendular vibrations. - Hermann von Helmholtz, predicting the role of the electric bassist in 1877.
    TheMaartian
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2774
    Re: Timeless Weir 2015/07/03 13:53:51 (permalink)
    Is this concert going to be shown live? Pay-per-view?

I just got an email from SiriusXM that they will be carrying all three shows (July 3-5) from Soldiers Field in Chicago on Channel 23, with pre-show coverage on the same channel starting at 6pm ET. Concert starts at 9:15pm ET.

Edit: Just checked DirecTV. They are carrying the July 4th show on PPV! Woot!

Edit 2: I saw the Dead parachute into Alpine Valley back (WI) around 1980 (they also jumped into the concert in Boulder on that tour). My guess is that they'll make a more normal entrance this time. 
    post edited by TheMaartian - 2015/07/03 14:05:41

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
    Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
    PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
    NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK
    Moshkito
    Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3765
    Re: Timeless Weir 2015/07/05 12:36:42 (permalink)
    Hi,

I just hope that they leave behind for us to understand/enjoy, the long cut and the improvisations thereof. This part in music is very important for its learning and survival, but it is something that most musicians are afraid to play with, or simply get stuck on one note, or sound.

I am not sure how much of an influence this band was on the European scene, but the long cuts, have always been its best part. It was the American record companies that always thought that long cuts were not music ... they were just jams!

Somehow, for me, even a jam, is not "just music" ... and I can trip off it anytime! Heck, I remember Robert Cray and Stevie Ray Vaughn, and when Stevie took off, even Robert could just stand there and strum some rhythm to support him!  Moments like that are very rare and sometimes, just totally outstanding and one of the most important and vital moments in the life of music in a player's life!

I miss the Dead's 4 hour concerts, or even more. They were not boring at all! Even though too many people were way too stoned to know the difference!
    post edited by Moshkito - 2015/07/05 12:46:02

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1