Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec?

Author
aquatorium
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30
2015/07/28 07:44:56 (permalink)

Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec?

Am considering buying Rapture Pro . . .  but I can't find any info regarding the actual content it comes with. 10-13gb is all well and good, but what is actually in it? The sound demos / videos don't fill me with confidence, but I'm sure it must be better than that!

Specifically, does it come with decent Mellotron samples?

Thanks.

8 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec? 2015/07/28 08:21:47 (permalink)
    The synth has over 850 new programs including, brass, orchestral stacks. strings, woodwinds and vocals. I did look in the samples and there is a Mellotron folder containing Brass, Cello, Choir, Flute, Stings and Viola samples from Chocolate Audio. The mellotron samples are used in the following programs:
    Atmospheric/Lucid Dreams 1
    Atmospheric/Trail of Doom2JAL
    Atmospheric/Tranquilio
    Electric Guitars/Gothic Plunkton
    Electric Pianos/Storytime
    Orchestral Stacks/Choir With Mellotron
    Pianos/Cinematic Piano 2
    Strings/Bazooooki
    Strings/Jet Tron FS
    Strings/Mello Cello Lead JJ
    Strings/The Tape Strings
    aquatorium
    Re: Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec? 2015/07/28 08:39:17 (permalink)
    Thank you for the info . . .  hopefully, they sound pretty decent? If so, I may have to make an investment . . . I can get the synth cheap on upgrade deal so it would be shame not to!
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec? 2015/07/28 08:50:58 (permalink)
    GForce M-Tron Pro is my go to Mellotron. RPro is not going to replace it. I don't know what your point of reference is in the world of Mellotrons. For example, I have heard a lot of free ones and they all use the same sample set discussed here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/1410821. Get it if you have not already and grab the sfz files if you don't want to create your own. I picked up UVI Mello when it was a freebie and bought the DSF samples for Cakewalk Sound Center (and immediately ported it to DPro and Rapture). None compare to M-Tron Pro. Don't have IK Sampletron so cannot comment about it.

pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec? 2015/07/28 09:17:35 (permalink)
    +1 for m-tron pro

just a sec

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec? 2015/07/28 09:42:05 (permalink)
    For the most part,  sampled mellotrons sound pretty good but not exactly.  I've used the DimPro plenty of times - they work.  I haven't played w/ the RapPro sounds.  But they should work, just like the strings, EPs etc.

Those sounds all come close, but no Havana, if you get my meaning.  If you want the best emulation of a single instrument, buy a single-use synth.  If you want the best value, buy a sampler.  I like mellotronish sounds and use drones/pads a lot from Cake synths and never have bothered to buy a single use synth.  Some of the presets are really good, and you can edit them to your heart's desire to get them closer to the mellotron in your head.  They sound close enough to me.  But if you want the best replica, and don't have $8000 for a real one (or whatever the price is these days for a new "clone"), m-tron etc. are better and about as close as you can get.  Just don't expect it to do a decent B3 sound, or hoover, etc. too.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    aquatorium
    Re: Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec? 2015/07/28 10:17:55 (permalink)
    I have the original M-Tron and can upgrade to Pro. I have been using SampleTron (pretty decent, actually, but no 64bit unless you go down the SampleTank 3 road).

I'm a big fan of the Mellotron so I suspect M-Tron Pro is the way forward.

Doktor Avalanche
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4294
    Re: Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec? 2015/07/28 12:23:03 (permalink)
    I wonder where the demo is? It has a demo mode and ccc has been updated recently..

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
    AllanH
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 406
    Re: Rapture Pro Sound List / Spec? 2015/08/20 22:16:20 (permalink)
    aquatorium
    Thank you for the info . . .  hopefully, they sound pretty decent? If so, I may have to make an investment . . . I can get the synth cheap on upgrade deal so it would be shame not to!

One persons opinion: I quite frankly find most of the sounds to be over-processed (lots of FX) and very few clean samples of anything. Just listen to the youtube demos, and don't expect anything better. The only good surprise was a "hidden" German grand piano and the Garritan Pocket Orchestra, both of which are fine.

I wrote a little DOS script that extracted all the program and samples, but I do not appear to be able to post attachments. Many samples are from 2006 and sound accordingly.
    post edited by AllanH - 2015/08/20 22:28:50

Sonar Platinum, EWHO/D, Spitfire, Miroslav, Pianoteq, ....,  Kurzweil.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1