Add X-ray to quantize window

Author
Danny Danzi
  • Total Posts : 5810
2015/07/30 14:00:19 (permalink)

Add X-ray to quantize window

I think I posted this before somewhere, but I figured I'd try here if I haven't.

For those of us who do a lot of midi editing, one of the things that annoys me to no end, is how the quantize window appears on top of the notes I am quantizing in my PRV. I ALWAYS have to move that window upon executing a quantize function.

My reason for requesting this is, sometimes Sonar will move a note forward or backwards quantizing it differently than intended. When I can physically SEE the notes move during a quantize, I know instantly whether I was successful or not. If the quantize window were transparent, it would stop me from having to move it every time and I'd see my notes move.

For those who are editing pro's who know what each note should be quantized to, or for those who step write and have a great understanding for that that, this feature probably won't be useful for you. But for those like me who literally play their instruments where there may be ghost notes from the human playing aspect, my notes may have 4 different types of "quantize" and some, I honestly have to guess at because I simply don't know what they are. I'm also not a musical theory guy....so some of the stuff I play, I don't even know what it is. LOL! But having the ability to see what happens to our notes while the quantize window is open would be great in my opinion. :) Please consider it, Bakers.

-Danny

My Site
Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1