UA-25 X headphones monitorin level

Author
Harry_O
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2010/04/12 15:33:39 (permalink)

UA-25 X headphones monitorin level

Hi,

I just installed the UA-25 X with my Win 7 64 bit/Live 8.
Sounds promising exept the headphone level sucks!  I don´t get
what is the philosophy of the "direct monitoring concept" of the UA-25 X?

The "Mon SW" and "Direct Monitor Volume" don´t bring anything useful from my point of view,
totally waste of space in the interface.  And although the Output level is set to the maximum, none of
my 3 head phones give me enough monitoring volume, the headphone preamp of the interface is very poor!
How to use the monitoring with the heaphones?

My active Genelec 1030A monitors give good monitor level when monitoring/listening playback through the speakers but why on earth the headphones output level is that low?

Can anyone explain of the Roland/CW crew explain me what is the deeper wisdom of the UA-25 X monitoring system
and how to increase the headphone volume (without buying an extra headphone preamp).

Harry

2 Replies Related Threads

daffodilbrigade
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:UA-25 X headphones monitorin level 2010/04/14 12:27:01 (permalink)
    Don't get me started on this :( I just got mine today and I've found the same thing. To playback using my speakers I have to set the output to the first notch and it's very loud. Much higher and it would be painful and or blow the speakers. Meanwhile, even with the direct monitor to full, you have to throttle the output up to 70% or higher to get a decent volume out of the headphones. that is so dangerous and it's not something I'll settle with. If you forget to turn it back down one time, you could wreck your speakers and your ears. This is with three sets of headphones by the way, none of them need direct driving with an amp or powered output.
    fayan
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: UA-25 X headphones monitorin level 2015/07/31 13:14:18 (permalink)
    Hello everybody, indeed the level of the phones sucks so much ! The level is to low compare to the output of the speakers. So i would like to know if you founded a solution to fix that problem ? Because I would like to record a voice over, so for that i need to have enough volume into my headphones to hear myself when i speak. But to have enough volume in my headphone I have to set the direct monitor and the output very high, and when i speak in my microphone the sound is extremely high in the speakers. Is there a solution to just cut the volume of the speakers and still hear my voice through the phones without taking out the jacks connected to my speakers ? Or a solution to just set the volume of the speakers as high as the phones ?

Thanks a million
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1