Extend a MIDI clip backward to 00:00:00 so it retains silence when dragging to Browser?

Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
2015/07/31 15:08:28 (permalink)

Extend a MIDI clip backward to 00:00:00 so it retains silence when dragging to Browser?

Okay... so I've figured out and tested some stuff and it MOSTLY worked how I wanted.

I am dragging a MIDI clip from one project into the Browser so I can drag it into another project. There is silence at the start of the original project (count in) that I want to preserve. I figured I could just drag the start of the MIDI clip to the 00:00:00 point of the project then drag it into the Browser.

Unfortunately when I drag the file into the new project it does not retain the silence at the start so the clip ends up starting too early.

Is there a trick to this or will I have to actually toss a note at the start of the extended clip for it to work?

Absolutely everything else I did worked brilliantly but of course there's gotta be something small and weird like this to keep me from getting on with things. Hopefully someone knows what I'm up to and can provide a solution/workaround. Otherwise I'll be inserting a whole pile of unwanted notes on a whole pile of clips.

Cheers and thanks.

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Extend a MIDI clip backward to 00:00:00 so it retains silence when dragging to Browser 2015/07/31 15:12:08 (permalink)
    MIDI clips start with the first bit of data and end with the last. Add a MIDI event, a zero velocity note or CC value to position the start and end where you want it.
    Beepster
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 18001
    Re: Extend a MIDI clip backward to 00:00:00 so it retains silence when dragging to Browser 2015/07/31 15:16:19 (permalink)
    scook
    MIDI clips start with the first bit of data and end with the last. Add a MIDI event, a zero velocity note or CC value to position the start and end where you want it.

Alright. Thanks. Was hoping it might behave like an audio clip but I guess not. This stuff has caused me strife in the past too when trying to be clever with my MIDI drum parts.

Cheers!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1