Our Drum replacer as a VST OR...

Author
Danny Danzi
  • Total Posts : 5810
2015/07/30 14:06:01 (permalink)

Our Drum replacer as a VST OR...

This drum replacer thing is quite nice. I'd love to be able to run it in the virtual world as well. I think it could be a really nice feature that would replace plugs like Drumagog or Slate. Cake plugs to me, seem to really work well once we get them the way we need them to be. I'd love to eliminate my 3rd party plugs and use Cake plugs exclusively. Having a drum replacement plug that does what ours does now and having it play in the virtual world, would rule.

For example, there are times when I run my drum modules on individual tracks virtually (without bouncing down wave files or freezing) and I will hybrid a Drumagog sample in with the drum module. Maybe a snare or a kick. I think it would be great if our drum replacer could do this in the virtual world too as well as our current option to replace on a wave file. Something to consider.....the less we have to go outside of our program, the better. The crashes I get in Sonar rarely (and I mean rarely) come from the plugs in Sonar. It's always a 3rd party plug that gets me. The more tools we can use "in program" that are ours, the better. :)

-Danny

My Site
Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester

3 Replies Related Threads

mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: Our Drum replacer as a VST OR... 2015/07/31 12:11:53 (permalink)
    It already is a VST3 its just not run that way, same as Vocal Sync. I think because of the way it works Cakewalk have chosen to keep it tightly integrated with Sonar and not break it out as a seperate plugin. I think both of these are part of the advances Cakewalk have made with ARA.

BTW Danny, good to see you around these parts.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    Re: Our Drum replacer as a VST OR... 2015/08/03 17:45:46 (permalink)
    mudgel
    It already is a VST3 its just not run that way, same as Vocal Sync. I think because of the way it works Cakewalk have chosen to keep it tightly integrated with Sonar and not break it out as a seperate plugin. I think both of these are part of the advances Cakewalk have made with ARA.

BTW Danny, good to see you around these parts.

Right, totally understood. I was hoping they may allow "create region effects" on virtual tracks somehow without going full blown VST in a "visual" plugin sense. I think it's great they keep it tightly integrated....I was just hoping to use it virtually as well.

Good to see you too, Mike. Hope all is well in your world and you're enjoying life. :)

-Danny

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    Doktor Avalanche
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4294
    Re: Our Drum replacer as a VST OR... 2015/08/03 21:58:38 (permalink)
    It will never happen. Cakewalk want DR as USP in Sonar.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1