Anyone able to migrate Project 5 to Windows 10?

Author
digitaleagle12
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 70
2015/08/03 22:23:14 (permalink)

Anyone able to migrate Project 5 to Windows 10?

Hello:

I successfully updated my DAW to Windows 10 64 Pro from Windows 7 64 Pro. 

Everything worked except Project 5.  It tried to launch but failed after trying to profile the Audio driver.  I'm using a Focusrite Scarlet 6i6.  I tried running it in every compatibility mode to no avail.  I even uninstalled it and re-installed it - but no go.   It was running perfectly with the same audio interface on Windows 7. 

I know others have been successful running it on Windows 8 so I'm kind of surprised it wouldn't work in Windows 10 as every other DAW based program I have runs in it just fine.  I know Project 5 is getting kind of long in the tooth though.  I was thinking if there was a way to get around it profiling the audio hardware that it might actually initialize, but I don't know how to get it to bypass that.  If anyone knows, let me know.   

Windows 10 is probably the last straw for Project 5.  I hate to see it go, but am willing to sacrifice it for progress.  If anyone is successful at getting it to run, please let me know how I might get past the audio profiling proceedure. 

Cheers. 

Best Regards,
Dave

Win 7 64, HP Elite Laptop with Dual Core Intel I5, 8GB RAM, 3 Drives, (2-TB's total), Delta 66 audio interface, Midiman 8x8s, Sonar X3C 64bit, Project 5, Reason 7, Reaper 64bit, Kurzweil PC3X, Korg M50, Yamaha CS2X,Roland Gaia, Yamaha Motif XS Rack, Rhodes MK-80 , Adam A7 monitors, tons of software vst's.

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1