Drums - TTS vs SI Drums

Author
Brandon2000
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2015/08/26 11:51:17 (permalink)

Drums - TTS vs SI Drums

Anyone an opinion on which they prefer? SI sound more realstic but there are limited numbers of drums per kit. The TTS kits are quite loaded with add-ons such as cowbells but the sounds of the standard kit arent to my liking.

i used to have an amazing (free) SF2 file with acoustic drums on that were as real as it gets. Anyone know of where I could get a plug in thats similar?

3 Replies Related Threads

jimfogle
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: Drums - TTS vs SI Drums 2015/08/26 20:47:00 (permalink)
    Brandon2000,

Everybody's taste differs as far as what is good versus what is not so I don't have a definative answer.  I would perform a search on KVR Audio.

You may want to check the Music Creator help file and you may discover it will play SF2 instruments.  If it doesn't you may be able to find a SF2 player on KVR.

Jim F
    Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
    Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
    Music Creator 6
    Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
    Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
    http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Drums - TTS vs SI Drums 2015/08/30 21:15:51 (permalink)
    TTS is a very basic synth (TTS is a general MIDI synth),, sounds are based on 1 sample per sound.  SI Drums is an entry level, but much more flexible and powerful drum synth with many basic sampled sounds and several samples per sound for dynamics.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Drums - TTS vs SI Drums 2015/09/03 07:53:17 (permalink)
    Both TTS and SI are basic drum synths to get you started.

Most folks have bought one or more of the more advanced, and better sounding synths available.  These VSTi's have larger kits, a greater number of kits available and give you tons of options such as being able to build your own kits and tune the drums in those kits.

I picked up Jamstix years ago.... I fell in love. JS also has a list of drummers, each playing in the basic manner of a certain live drummer, and you can also select a playing style on top of that.  The best thing to me about JS is that it can easily create the drum track for you.  Select the drummer, kit, and style, and JS will do all the heavy lifting for you.
    Since I started using it, I have not written ...or attempted to write, a drum track since.  Oh yeah, if you don't like what it plays, you can have it play the measure or two again doing something different....and you are always free to edit manually in any measure in the song.
    I don't always use JS these days, having found some other ways to create drum tracks.... but from time to time I go back to it because it plays well, and in a loose indy style when my others won't.  This is one of the songs that I used JS on the drums:  http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11198785
    I think it's a small dry wooden kit.  Samples in JS are very well done.

hope this gives you some ideas.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1