Notes in Staff view are the wrong font or image

Author
pstork
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2015/08/27 21:02:50 (permalink)

Notes in Staff view are the wrong font or image

When I first installed Music Creator 7 it the staff view worked the way it has since the days of Cakewalk Home Studio.  But all of a sudden after updating the software to 12.0.1.34 the notes in the staff view are displaying incorrectly and I can't seem to find a way to fix it.  Everything still works and the notes are displayed in the right locations, but where a eighth note used to be a line with a filled in oval its now a line with some squiggly lines where the oval used to be.  Quarter notes look like they are out of an old shape note hymnal, since they are lines with boxes where the open ovals used to be.  Other notes are also displayed strangely.

Any idea what might have changed and how to fix it?

2 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Notes in Staff view are the wrong font or image 2015/08/30 21:23:24 (permalink)
    staff view inserts rests for you when you don't enter enough notes to fill the measure.  could that be what you're seeing?
    also, if you have windows set to display greater than 100% (accessibility options), then the staff view may not display correctly.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: Notes in Staff view are the wrong font or image 2015/09/11 13:57:33 (permalink)
    I have not opened SV since I installed Platinum and was sort of shocked last night to see the same thing, which looks like this (both Platinum "G" and X3e):

Note: Disregard the chord, as it was just to play with the insert, I left that because the # in the name shows up as a TAB character.

Searching the forum brought up this post which is over a decade old. Copying/pasting from that:

"You will get this error if:

a) You have a Font Manager installed and active on your system. Disable it, then launch Cakewalk. [None active, but Adobe has one embedded (and not running) in certain apps]

b) You have a large number of fonts on your system. Check the Fonts folder in the Windows directory. You'll need to get most of the fonts off your system (right click and choose Remove), then launch Cakewalk. [277 fonts installed, not an issue]

c) You've got a font in that folder named SYMBOL. Remove this font, then launch Cakewalk. [No font called "SYMBOL" installed]

Follow these instructions if you want to permanently install the TTSNOTE font (found in the Cakewalk directory):

[1] Rename TTSNOTE.TTR to TTSNOTE.TTF
    [2] Rename TTSNOTE.FOR to TTSNOTE.TOF
    [3] Select Start | Settings | Control Panel | Fonts.
    [4] From the File menu select Install New Font.
    [5] Select the location of the TTSNoteStandard(True Type) font, and click OK.
    [No fonts exist on my system (or files anywhere for that matter) with "TTSNote" in them, so these steps got me no where.]

Let us know if you have further questions."

I honestly didn't dig to much beyond this, but I am unsure of what font set the Staff View is supposed to access.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1