Split a track into separate channels

Author
robwop
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2015/08/29 00:43:03 (permalink)

Split a track into separate channels

I used to have a surround system which would bring out parts in songs I never realized were there.  For example the Red Hot Chili Peppers song Falling into Grace would have the backing vocals really loud coming out of the surround speakers.  

Is there a way to split a track like that?

I have used sound editing before that splits into the left and right channels but can you split into more.  

I think this lies in Dolby piggy back elements as this was from a CD and not a 5.1 dvd or anything.  

2 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Split a track into separate channels 2015/08/29 14:40:00 (permalink)
    (AFAIK) As a normal audio CD can not have separate 5.1  or any other than a stereo track , it is, as you suggested, your 5.1 amps DSP circuit that moved the vocals to rear speakers even though the track is a normal stereo track. It's not a split track or anything like that.

I don't now how much you can pre calculate what your home theater system does to the audio. It could be very different in different FX modes (Cinema, Adventure, and whatever there are) and on different amps. Hit and miss, I guess (??). Unless I'm just left behind and there are techniques I know nothing about.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    robwop
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Split a track into separate channels 2015/08/29 19:14:15 (permalink)
    Thank you for your reply .  I was thinking that mp3's would lose something that the actual cd would be capable of but as you say there are only the 2 stereo channels that are manipulated.  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1