AnsweredMC7/PreSonus Audiobox i2/Win10

Author
LouSyracuse
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2015/08/29 18:45:56 (permalink)

MC7/PreSonus Audiobox i2/Win10

I am trying to work with a MIDI drum track sent to my Roland TD10.   I can hear the drum track being played via the headphones on the TD10, and I have a signal on the track in MC7, but no drum sounds are being sent to the headphone jack.

I did find a document here that refers to a "PreSonus Universal Control" program where there are settings that can be changed to fix this issue.   However I do not have this program.   The unit did not ship with a CD, all programs are downloaded based on the product from their site, and my only options are AudioBox and StudioOne.   Audiobox includes the driver for the unit, and the only options it provides are Sample Rate and ASIO Buffer Size.   Studio One is there DAW, installing it didn't include the aforementioned application.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!    Thanks in advance,
Lou
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: MC7/PreSonus Audiobox i2/Win10 2015/08/29 19:18:47 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby LouSyracuse 2015/08/30 00:12:05
From what I can tell from the Owner's manual, I do not believe the Presonus Universal Control is intended for this device. The interface comes with a simple tool to adjust basic interface parameters and the rest in setup with the hardware itself.

If you are trying use MC7 to send MIDI to a hardware sound module, you will need to return the audio from the sound module back to the interface which will pass it to MC7. From there you need to enable input echo on the audio track and change the mix knob on the Audiobox to playback.
LouSyracuse
Re: MC7/PreSonus Audiobox i2/Win10 2015/08/29 23:08:46 (permalink)
Thanks for the reply.  I'm a newbee here; the last time I used a Cakewalk product it was actually called Cakewalk. lol  Started all the way at the beginning with version 1.1d...

My drum track is 4.   I noticed that it's meter is registering, even if the volume on my TD10 was off.  Weird. 

I created an audio track on track 10, set the echo to on, set its input to the stereo audiobox AISO driver input 1, and the output the same as all other tracks (stereo audiobox AISO driver output left).  Still nothing.  Checked the volumes and cables, tried arming the track, mix set to full playback, tried cranking everything to the max but still getting no sound (although I did see the red clip light flashing on the audiobox, so at least I know the audio signal IS getting to that far.   ).   Also tried creating a separate bus and routing the audio there, nothing.  

Gotta be something simple I'm missing here...

Thanks for your help!
Lou
scook
Forum Host
Re: MC7/PreSonus Audiobox i2/Win10 2015/08/29 23:24:51 (permalink)
Have you been successful at using the interface at all? Does it play audio loops and MIDI loops through soft synths coming from MC7?

It is confusing to refer to tracks by number. The numbers have no meaning other than to distinguish one track from another. It is easier to follow when tracks are referred to by type, there are two basic types of tracks MIDI and audio. Is track 4 an audio track? If it is, there track 10 is redundant. How was track 4 created?

LouSyracuse
Re: MC7/PreSonus Audiobox i2/Win10 2015/08/30 00:13:19 (permalink)
It must have been something I was doing wrong.  I just tried it again and now it works, doing the same thing I have done 6 or so times tonight following your earlier directions.   Wish I could say I knew what I was doing wrong, but I'm happy it works and I know what to do to make it work in the future.

This project started with an old .MID file, which was saved it in MC7 as a .CWP file.  So track 4 is a MIDI track, containing the midi data being sent to the TD10 which is working fine.   I created a new audio track (track 10) to capture the sound coming back into the audiobox. 

Still not sure what I did wrong - but it's working now.

Thanks for your help, even late on a Saturday night!  :)
Lou

scook
Forum Host
Re: MC7/PreSonus Audiobox i2/Win10 2015/08/30 00:22:25 (permalink)
Good news. I was hoping you could figure out the issue without having to start from scratch. It is getting pretty late here.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1