Rapture Classic 'bank' missing from Rapture Pro

Author
Kauchy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2015/09/10 16:17:16 (permalink)

Rapture Classic 'bank' missing from Rapture Pro

I downloaded Rapture Pro last month. At the time I was using Sonar 8.5.. Recently upgraded to Sonar Platinum and noticed tonight that the Rapture Classic 'Bank' has been replaced by the words 'Expansion Pack' and a Les Paul reference. In the 'Type' box of the initial page all that's shown is <root>. I've tried reinstalling software but with no change. Have I done something stupid or do I have a problem which I need to report formally? Thanks for any guidance. I'm running Windows 7 Home Professional and am experiencing no other issues with other VSTs.  Thanks for any assistance.

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Rapture Classic 'bank' missing from Rapture Pro 2015/09/10 16:42:32 (permalink)
    SONAR Platinum has a couple of expansion packs which may be installed in RPro. The banks are sorted alphabetically so there could be two Expansion packs between DPro and Rapture. These are the "Gibson Les Paul Gold Top" and "Kick Start." The Kick Start pack was an Everett Exclusive. Other than that a full SONAR Platinum installation would have no interaction with RPro. This is what the RPro Programs folder should look like:

Note: there are two DPro and two Rapture folders. The DPro and Rapture folders are created when installing all the packages included with RPro. These are the ones shown as DPro and Rapture Classic Factory Libraries. The DPro and Rapture (legacy) folders are the result of the Rapture Pro installer discovering previous installations of DPro and Rapture and copying the programs during the installation process. these are the ones shown as the DPro and Rapture Classic User Imported. Here is an image showing how the directories are represent in RPro

Kauchy
    Re: Rapture Classic 'bank' missing from Rapture Pro 2015/09/10 18:33:28 (permalink)
    Thanks so much for this detailed and comprehensive response. Really appreciated. Being a bit old and tired ... How do I get the original set up back? You are owed a pint if you're ever in the vicinity! Thanks again.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Rapture Classic 'bank' missing from Rapture Pro 2015/09/10 18:57:40 (permalink)
    If I were missing any of the DPro and Rapture "Factory Libraries" I would re-run the Legacy Content installers. If I were missing the DPro and Rapture (legacy) programs, I would copy them from "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Dimension Pro\Programs" or "C:\ProgramData\Cakewalk\Rapture\Programs."

If the repairs did not work, I would probably go for a clean reinstall.
    • Unistall RPro by right-clicking the RPro item in the Command Center and select uninstall
    • Delete the registry entries (assuming 64bit installation)
      • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0
      • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0
    • Run all RPro installers

Kauchy
    Re: Rapture Classic 'bank' missing from Rapture Pro 2015/09/11 05:02:48 (permalink)
    Brilliant. Everything now back to normal. Thanks again.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1