Rapture Pro still using old synth parameters controls

Author
saviture
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2015/10/02 11:49:53 (permalink)

Rapture Pro still using old synth parameters controls

I was getting frustrated trying to map midi cc's between my remote controler and Rapture Pro using the midi learn.  And I discovered that Rapture is still using the old Synth parameters controls:
  • 71 Resonance (aka Timbre)
  • 72 Sound Release Time
  • 73 Sound Attack Time
  • 74 Frequency Cutoff (aka Brightness )
As it turns out I used a preset on my controller that had a row of rotary's mapped form cc71-cc78. I set this row up to control the effect sends for elements, but I kept destroying the sounds, but then I finally realized that I could tweek it back.  

IMHO, these behind the screen mapping should be turned off, with all the customization available for midi mapping and control of the old midi cc's are useless and way to confusing.
--------------

2 Replies Related Threads

chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re: Rapture Pro still using old synth parameters controls 2015/10/05 12:23:05 (permalink)
    I like it when virtual instruments follow the GM standard for CC controls.  Although as you mentioned maybe an option to be able to disable/enable the functionality would be helpful.

Rapture's MIDI Learn seems superior in every way. 
    mrdrwest
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 82
    Re: Rapture Pro still using old synth parameters controls 2015/10/05 16:24:59 (permalink)
    Why not just remap them with ACT?

Once completed, ACT will automatically switch controller assignment based on the virtual surface that has focus.

I ACT enabled Z3TA 2+ filter controls, 8-strips of the Sonar console volume and pan, and ProChannel QuadCurve EQ to my Arturia BeatStep Pro (in controller mode): It all works GREAT!

You can do the same with Rapture Pro and any MIDI controller surface.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1