Non Cakewalk Windows10 question

Author
jbow
Max Output Level: -0.2 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7601
2015/10/05 10:21:05 (permalink)

Non Cakewalk Windows10 question

If anyone has any ideas. In a nutshell, W10 is not remembering usernames and PWs and signs me out of most sites everytime my computer sleeps or is shutoff. Don't know where to look. I changed recommended settings that are supposed to make MS less intrusive.
Thanks,
J

More if you need it.
Always before, unless I purposefully deleted everything, deleted cookies and temporary files, flush the cache or whatever, IIRC, through internet settings or CCCleaner... Windows would remember my sign in info and usually either keep me logged in or require only a password, on most sites.
However, on W10 seems to forget everything on almost every site, this forum being one exception every time the computer seeps or I shut it down. I checked and my history is intact since the last update. All my functions seem to work but I can't figure out why Windows is not keeping everything ready to go like W7 did.
Face Book for instance. On W7, IIRC, unless I logged out I could go there and (I guess it was a little strange) I would click "Sign In" on the first sign in screen, there would be nothing in the username or PW fields. Then it would direct me to another sign in screen with both fields in the center of the screen and my username and PW would be filled in there. Now I have to start to enter my email or phone number then it gives me a choice of two in a drop down box, I choose the correct one and then the PW appears in the other box.
I have software for my business that requires a user ID number, username, and PW. I can set it to remember everything or everything except the PW, which is what I do... however since being on W10 it never remembers anything. I have to run it in compatibility mode.
I'm not sure where to look to see if I can fix this.
I did use some recommended changes for better security, got them of a tech site. Other than not remembering anything, everything else seems to work.
I never use Edge browser, I still use IE. I'd try another browser if it didn't rearrange my favorites when it imports them. I don't like them in alphabetical order but if that's the answer I may do it. I'm not sure if I trust Edge though and since I use Google search I feel like using Chrome is too much Google... maybe I'm being paranoid for no reason.
Cortana is not setup.

Thanks if you have any ideas of what I can try.

Julien

BTW, "No Sounds" no longer means No Sounds. W10 changed my No Sounds setting to No Sounds (modified), There is still a No sounds setting you can choose but then you still have to choose none for three sounds in the list, two in iTunes and the one just above the iTunes tab in the list... then it says No Sounds (modified) again but there are still notification sounds. If I click the mouse pad and turn it off/on.. I still get sounds. I think the answer to no sounds is in Settings/notifications. I'll look later.

Sonar Platinum
Studiocat Pro 16G RAM (some bells and whistles)
HP Pavilion dm4 1165-dx (i5)-8G RAM
Octa-Capture
KRK Rokit-8s
MIDI keyboards...
Control Pad
mics. 
I HATE THIS CMPUTER KEYBARD!

4 Replies Related Threads

fireberd
    Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3704
    Re: Non Cakewalk Windows10 question 2015/10/05 14:27:41 (permalink)
    I would post this on the Windows 10 forum.  Best place to get help (other than here). 
    www.tenforums.com

"GCSG Productions"
    Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
    ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
    Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
    Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
    ISRC Registered
    Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
    jbow
    Re: Non Cakewalk Windows10 question 2015/10/05 20:15:33 (permalink)
    Thanks Berd! I think it is notifications. Do you have any problem with system sounds when recording? I don't have 10 on my DAW and haven't recorded anything on the laptop but it makes me wonder.

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    Mesh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27360
    Re: Non Cakewalk Windows10 question 2015/10/06 10:29:02 (permalink)
    I have 'system sounds" always turned off and never had any issues with them (even before Win 8 days) while recording or otherwise.

The only Win 10 issue I have is my onboard network adapter/driver issue. Apparently, none of the local stores (Best Buy, Office Max, Walmart etc..) carry Ethernet cards anymore.....everything is USB.

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
    I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
    250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
    Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
    HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
    Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
    The_Forum_Monkeys
    jbow
    Re: Non Cakewalk Windows10 question 2015/10/06 13:33:59 (permalink)
    Thanks Mesh. I have everything, all sounds OFF. I checked the registry, current user, sounds, changed both words from yes to no... still my touchpad pays a tune with I turn it on/off. Haven't gotten any answer over on Ten. It seems everyone wants notification sounds.
    This time, coming here... for what reason, IDK.. I was logged out and had to log in, luckily the page has my login info in the fields so it is no biggie, just s symptom of an unknown problem... I think that is what bothers me most. I have these quirks but don't know what the problem is.
    I blundered into "personalization" while looking into this and then blundered into my screen looking totally different. I finally managed to get it back to just blue background. eh...

Thanks again,
    J

Sonar Platinum
    Octa-Capture
    KRK Rokit-8s
    MIDI keyboards...
    Control Pad
    mics. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1