Music Creator 7 discs.

Author
andi
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2015/10/09 04:47:26 (permalink)

Music Creator 7 discs.

Hi

Is Music Creator 7 only available as a download or can you get it boxed on disc. The price I have found is £16.80 which I can not believe. It is such a great bit of kit for such a small price. It never seems to be mentioned when you look up top DAWs and I am sure that it is because it is so cheap it is not taken seriously

one other question. what does the term "Steam customers" mean.

Thanks

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Music Creator 7 discs. 2015/10/09 09:27:24 (permalink)
    All Cakewalk DAWs are now download only. No current Cakewalk DAW is available in disc including Music Creator 7.

Steam is a reseller of Cakewalk products with their own software distribution and management system. This is Steam.
    andi
    Re: Music Creator 7 discs. 2015/10/09 11:06:18 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply, I wonder why they no longer supply discs.
    jimfogle
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: Music Creator 7 discs. 2015/10/09 18:01:50 (permalink)
    Music Creator is a great value and for many people, myself included, all the daw or more that a user will need.  I continue to use Music Creator 6 which is the last version of Music Creator that will load onto a computer using the Windows XP operating system.  Music Creator 6 is also the last version of Music Creator available on disc, packaged with a printed user guide and registration card inside a box suitable for retail.  Music Creator 6 touch and Music Creator 7 are available only by download.  My guess is the cost of packaging, shipping and warehouse space is the primary reason the retail box was discontinued.

At the retail level Music Creator has always been considered a consumer product.  It was not sold in music stores but instead was sold by retailers such as Target and BestBuy.  These retailers are not expected to support the software except for replacement if defective.  Cakewalk provides product support through this forum and email.  Direct support by telephone is not available.

Professional grade daws have a higher level of product support up to and including telephone support.  Music stores will typically have the telephone number of multiple contacts within a company to help resolve high level customer concerns and  trained sales support team to resolve common concerns.  The low level of support is one reason Music Creator costs less than the basic version of Sonar.
    post edited by jimfogle - 2015/10/09 18:16:28

Jim F
    Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
    Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
    Music Creator 6
    Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
    Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
    http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

andi
    Re: Music Creator 7 discs. 2015/10/10 05:33:05 (permalink)
    Thank you Jim for all that info. I also use an old XP so I guess upgrading to Music Creator 7 is not an option for me. I have no problems with Music Creator 6 but I have just got an interface and have discovered on these forums that Music Creator 6 will only let me use two tracks at the same time where Music Creator 7 has up to 6 tracks.

I have only been using these forums for a short while but I get replies quickly and they are very informative. I personally prefer this type of help over a telephone conversation as anything techy has to have time to soak in.
    jimfogle
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: Music Creator 7 discs. 2015/10/11 17:47:56 (permalink)
    Andi,

If I maybe so bold may I suggest you check out the Music Creator 6 video tutorials offered by Groove3?  Groove3 produced the video tutorials included with Music Creator 6.  The video series on their site starts where the included tutorials end.  The videos are very informative and comprehensive.  I downloaded the videos and keep a shortcut to the included video player on my desktop.  That way I can use the videos as a quick reference guide as I need to.

As a legacy product the 4+ hour video series can be purchased for download for $15 US.  I have included a link below.

https://www.groove3.com/c...ic-creator-6-explained
    post edited by jimfogle - 2015/10/11 17:59:54

Jim F
    Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
    Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
    Music Creator 6
    Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
    Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
    http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1