Media Browser - MIDI File Preview via EXTERNAL Synth

Author
Hangdog Cat
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 146
2015/11/09 08:40:27 (permalink)
5 (1)

Media Browser - MIDI File Preview via EXTERNAL Synth

In the media browser we can quickly audition a series of MIDI files by clicking the down arrow which is to the right of the Media tab, then choosing Synth Preview Output, and selecting the softsynth we want to play the MIDI files. Then when we click on a MIDI file, it will sound using that softsynth. Very handy.

I'd like to see the same feature for external, hardware synths. This way we wouldn't have to drag each MIDI file to the timeline, one after another, to audition them. We'd have an External Synth Preview Output menu item, and be able to choose from any hardware synth which is connected via USB.

This would really speed up my workflow.

Vote early, vote often!

Never do more in the morning than you can undo in the afternoon.

Computer: Creation Station CS450 V3 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
Windows 10: Latest update
Audio Interface: RME Fireface UFX

1 Reply Related Threads

Hangdog Cat
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re: Media Browser - MIDI File Preview via EXTERNAL Synth 2016/07/29 12:56:05 (permalink)
    There have been many changes for the better since I first posted this suggestion, but it appears that this is not one of them. Correct? Or is this feature tucked away in some obscure corner?

Never do more in the morning than you can undo in the afternoon.

Computer: Creation Station CS450 V3 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1275 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
    Windows 10: Latest update
    Audio Interface: RME Fireface UFX
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1