LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning

Author
yorolpal
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13829
2015/11/26 14:22:48 (permalink)

LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning

Might be some odd problem on my end but I've bought several of the recent super sale items at The Loop Loft, almost always getting all file formats as I like using Stylus RMX so much. That said, while I haven't had a single problem with the WAV files, their RMX files have proved very problematic. I've been able to "work around" this by downloading the REX files and converting them to RMX using Spectrasonics SAGE converter. But even this as not yielded totally accurate results. I don't know if anyone else has run into this or has any info or solutions to offer. Just thought I'd pass it along.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.

9 Replies Related Threads

lawajava
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2015/11/26 17:08:45 (permalink)
    Thanks for this heads up! At 90 percent off the Looploft stuff is tempting this BF.

But I'm a Stylus RMX guy myself, so this is a deterrent for my interest now. Moving on.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
    Vastman
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2508
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2015/11/26 17:52:05 (permalink)
    agree... I was thinking about the RMX as that's the only way I'm looking at using them.  Good to know.

Dana
    We make the future... Climate Change Music
    VastMaschine:SP4L/W10/i74930K/32GB/RME/CAD E100s; The Orchestra! NOVO!/Inspire/BohemianViolin&Cello, ARK1&2,/MinimalCapriccioMaximoSoto/OE1&2, Action&Emotive/Omni2/Tril/RMX/All OrangeTree/Falcon/APE Jugs/Alpha&Bravo/BFD3 & SD3
    Gravity/DM307/AEON/DM/Damage/Diva/HZebra/Hive/Diversion/VC4/Serum/Alchemy/blablabla
    Spitfire/8DIO/SL/KH/EW/NI; Shred1&2/AGF,G,M&T Torch&Res&Ren/GD-6; Ibanez SR1200&SR505
    NOVAX FanFret Tele&Strat 
    stephen901
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2016/03/06 20:16:40 (permalink)
    How do I use RMX files in Sonar Plat?
    smallstonefan
    Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2724
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2016/03/07 09:14:38 (permalink)
    I use a bunch of them in Stylus and haven't had a problem yet.

ol' Pal - what is happening when you use them?
    yorolpal
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2016/03/07 11:21:04 (permalink)
    I have a handful of LL RMX and converted REX files that just will not playback reliably in RMX.  They are missing beats, stuttering, dragging and will not follow sync.  Others work fine...sometimes even from the same package.  LL has asked me to put together a list of the ones that don't work...something I have not had the time to do as yet...but I'm going to make time in order to help them and, hopefully, solve me problem.  Again, I have many LL files that work fine but, unfortunately, a few do not.

Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
    smallstonefan
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2016/03/07 11:22:25 (permalink)
    bummer - one of the great things about the RMX loops is how fast you can dink around and get some fun beats going. I imagine that slows you down and is frustrating. I'll keep an eye out too as I'm using them and will report if I run into that.
    yorolpal
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2016/03/07 16:35:22 (permalink)
    Oakley doakley...I've done some sleuthing as regards the LL RMX files that were giving me problems.  And the answer is there is really nothing wrong with them as regards their conversion into RMX files.  The problem...if indeed it is a problem...is that some of them...especially jazz loops and New Orleans type loops...sound terrible if they are played at too much of a different tempo than their original tempo.  While this occasionally happens with third party RMX and REX loops it rarely pops up in Spectrasonics own RMX libraries.  I suspect it is down to the way they were sliced and edited.  There is little if any attention paid to the reverb tails and truncations at the end of each individual slice which can cause the loops to sound pretty weird when slowed down dramatically.  They will actually play at any tempo and sync to Stylus...they just will sound bad.  With most Stylus loops you can quite literally play them at any tempo you want and they retain their groove and feel and you sometimes discover brand new avenues and uses with wide variances in tempo.  So...nothing really "wrong" with the Loop Loft files...just don't try and move them too far away from their original tempos.

smallstonefan
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2016/03/07 16:41:24 (permalink)
    thanks for the update! :)
    stephen901
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: LoopLoft and RMX files....perhaps a word of warning 2016/03/07 21:11:37 (permalink)
    smallstonefan
    I use a bunch of them in Stylus and haven't had a problem yet.

ol' Pal - what is happening when you use them?

Nothing happens, I pull them into Sonar and they don't play. Seems I have to use another program Reaper to convert them into audio tracks. Is that the only way to use these files in Sonar?
    Steve
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1