HELP! Microphone is not showing any signal on the armed track CAN'T RECORD VOCAL

Author
TwoJudahs
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2015/12/06 19:31:15 (permalink)

HELP! Microphone is not showing any signal on the armed track CAN'T RECORD VOCAL

Hi,
For some reason I am unable to begin doing a vocal track now.  I've been working on this same piece of music for weeks now and have a few vocal tracks already done for reference but now want to do them for real.  I armed the track to record the vocal but I'm not getting any signal nor is it recording.  Also the bar up top with the record button won't "arm" either.    Any ideas about what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.
TWOJ

4 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: HELP! Microphone is not showing any signal on the armed track CAN'T RECORD VOCAL 2015/12/07 06:36:22 (permalink)
    It would be easier for us to trouble shoot if you gave us something to work on. Soundcard, driver mode, microphone type (USB?), version of software etc. Does MC recognize your sound card input? Sometimes the settings
    "jump off" for no obvious reason. You're not accidentally trying to record audio on a MIDI track?

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    TwoJudahs
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: HELP! Microphone is not showing any signal on the armed track CAN'T RECORD VOCAL 2015/12/09 11:45:55 (permalink)
    Hello,
    Sorry, here's more information:
    Music Creator 6
    Scarlett2i4 Interface by Focusrite
    Microphone Shure 57 "type", not sure, it was given to me, it's plugged into the Scarlett 2i4
    Using Motif 8 (classic) keyboard and
    M-Audio Studio 4 speakers.

Oh, and yes, it's an audio track. :)

Thanks for the help.

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: HELP! Microphone is not showing any signal on the armed track CAN'T RECORD VOCAL 2015/12/09 17:11:48 (permalink)
    The mic will NOT show up. What you should be looking for is the Scarlett interface and specifically the channel you have the mic plugged into.

Do not select the "stereo" option.... if the mic is plugged into the LEFT channel, select the LEFT Focusrite Scarlett input in the audio inputs tab.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: HELP! Microphone is not showing any signal on the armed track CAN'T RECORD VOCAL 2015/12/10 10:10:34 (permalink)
    guitarhacker is correct, choose the input on the scarlett where you have the mic plugged in.

if the scarlett is not showing inputs on the tracks, then you need to reset the scarlett and/or check your DRIVER MODE.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1