Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets

Author
letyourlightshine
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
2015/12/14 15:39:37 (permalink)

Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets

I love the design,the sounds and the functionality of rapture and it could easily be my go to synth,but it dies the spinning wheel thing when switching from preset to preset,which to me is very irritating and makes me just choose another synth to use.
I use it on a mac with 2.8 i7,16gb ram,with a 1tb sad drive,brand new.It happens when there is only one instance of rapture pro in a new project.
Can anything be done to make out faster?I want to use it,but when looking for a preset as a starting point for a sound the pinwheel thing kills my creativity.
Thanks

10 Replies Related Threads

Richard Cranium
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 474
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/14 17:36:32 (permalink)
    letyourlightshine
    I love the design,the sounds and the functionality of rapture and it could easily be my go to synth,but it dies the spinning wheel thing when switching from preset to preset,which to me is very irritating and makes me just choose another synth to use.
    I use it on a mac with 2.8 i7,16gb ram,with a 1tb sad drive,brand new.It happens when there is only one instance of rapture pro in a new project.
    Can anything be done to make out faster?I want to use it,but when looking for a preset as a starting point for a sound the pinwheel thing kills my creativity.
    Thanks

hmmm, well apart from getting rid of that sad hard drive "1tb sad drive" and getting as better one . . . j/k

I have only begun using Rapture Pro again recently (after the last update) and haven't noticed any long loading issues as such, but bare in mind that some of the presets/patches are quite large and may take a little longer to load (>2GB in some cases I believe).

Anyway, hope you are able to get it sorted to your satisfaction, I understand what you are feeling.
    post edited by Richard Cranium - 2015/12/14 17:48:54

Studio One 3 Rocks The House, Frequently Voted Best DAW 2015 !!
    letyourlightshine
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/14 20:48:58 (permalink)
    Richard Cranium
    letyourlightshine
    Thanks

hmmm, well apart from getting rid of that sad hard drive "1tb sad drive" and getting as better one . . . j/k

I have only begun using Rapture Pro again recently (after the last update) and haven't noticed any long loading issues as such, but bare in mind that some of the presets/patches are quite large and may take a little longer to load (>2GB in some cases I believe).

Anyway, hope you are able to get it sorted to your satisfaction, I understand what you are feeling.

Hahaha,sorry I meant ssd drive,oh my
    letyourlightshine
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/14 20:54:27 (permalink)
    Honestly,I think it is the plugin itself,my computer doesn't have that issue with any other plugins

Richard Cranium
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/14 22:06:12 (permalink)
    Well I see you are on a Mac, and I have zero experience with them. One thing I have read quite a number of times is to ensure any anti virus, malware etc type stuff is set to exclude your music stuff, samples etc, so as they are not being scanned on access etc. I have never bothered with doing that under Windows and never had a problem with it, but it might be something to keep in mind.

May be Mac specific issue, be interesting to see if other Mac users experience the same.
    post edited by Richard Cranium - 2015/12/14 22:32:14

Adq
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 426
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/15 15:32:52 (permalink)
    Rapture Pro can't do Direct-From-Disk, so it loads all samples in the memory. All you can do is to avoid presets with big multisamples.
    letyourlightshine
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/20 21:26:21 (permalink)
    Adq
    Rapture Pro can't do Direct-From-Disk, so it loads all samples in the memory. All you can do is to avoid presets with big multisamples.

That is silly,so no one can use it without having issues?
    letyourlightshine
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/20 21:36:19 (permalink)
    Richard Cranium
    Well I see you are on a Mac, and I have zero experience with them. One thing I have read quite a number of times is to ensure any anti virus, malware etc type stuff is set to exclude your music stuff, samples etc, so as they are not being scanned on access etc. I have never bothered with doing that under Windows and never had a problem with it, but it might be something to keep in mind.

May be Mac specific issue, be interesting to see if other Mac users experience the same.

This is my first mac,always used PC before,would love to have a fast PC,n-=but can't afford it right now.I hadn't thought of virus software affecting it,if rapture is already installed,why would anti-virus software mess with it?I searched it but couldn't find anything with sophos(a.v.-soft.)and rapture pro.
    Side not,my hp dv6 pavilion(7 years old)cannot run sonar very well anymore,its very,very slow,and the battery died just recently ,can't buy another one right now,could nevr get bootcamp installed to run sonar on my mac,and don't want to have to boot into windows for sonar,and then go into mac for mac programs...it sucks.Sonar is my favorite DAW.I hope to get a fast PC as soon as I can afford it,in my opinion its a shame there is no mac version,nor any plan to make one.It was my first DAW(came with ua-25ex interface)and i have bought every upgrade,and pro channel module since.Long story there sorry.
    Richard Cranium
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/21 01:20:03 (permalink)
    I think as files are being accessed, unless told not to do so, all/most/some AV programs will scan. What they tell you to do is go into your AV program, and in the settings there should be an 'exclusions' section, you would add your samples etc directory to the exclusions list, you can add your projects folder etc, whatever you want really.

But like I said I have never bothered doing it, but a lot of people mention it and do it and say that it helps . . . so ?? It was just something I thought might be worth a try as it doesn't hurt and is easily reversible.

Good Luck
    post edited by Richard Cranium - 2015/12/21 01:31:53

thepianist65
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 644
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/23 13:28:05 (permalink)
    I also experience long patch loading times on Rapture Session, as opposed to any other synth I own, including other CW products. PC, not MAC, too. Disappointed a bit, as well. I don't enjoy auditioning presets due to the time lag, which is irritating at best.

www.davemaffris.com
     BLUES:
    https://www.facebook.com/coastalblueband1/

https://www.facebook.com/Midiexpert/?ref=hl
    Please feel free to check out my music, all made with Cakewalk, available on itunes, Amazon, Google, Rdio, etc., etc.
    For mostly jazzy stuff on Soundcloud at these locations:
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-maffris
    or for some different styles of music(pop/rock/covers):
    https://soundcloud.com/dmpianoman
    Tidewater Jazz page:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-84355115

thepianist65
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 644
    Re: Rapture Pro takes too much time to load presets 2015/12/23 13:28:18 (permalink)
    And I loved (and still do) the original Rapture and use it a lot.

www.davemaffris.com
     BLUES:
    https://www.facebook.com/coastalblueband1/

https://www.facebook.com/Midiexpert/?ref=hl
    Please feel free to check out my music, all made with Cakewalk, available on itunes, Amazon, Google, Rdio, etc., etc.
    For mostly jazzy stuff on Soundcloud at these locations:
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-maffris
    or for some different styles of music(pop/rock/covers):
    https://soundcloud.com/dmpianoman
    Tidewater Jazz page:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-84355115

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1