Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them.

Author
bamim2
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 93
2016/01/03 16:51:06 (permalink)

Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or not doing correctly, but I can NOT get the Rapture Pro Mulitisamples to install where the WERE installing. I have the "Cakewalk Content" folder defined in Sonar Platinum as "E:\Cakewalk Content" & the Multisamples were going to E:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples". THAT was GREAT. Somehow (I'm guessing there was a loose nut behind the mouse ), I must have rushed through an update & used the default, because now they go to: "C:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples". No matter what I do, that's where they go. I've tried looking through the registry for "Rapture Pro" & I can't figure out where the settings are.

Would somebody PLEASE be kind enough to list what I need to do to get Rapture Pro Multisamples to install to "E:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data\Rapture Pro\Multisamples" & for Rapture Pro to actually LOOK there for them?

I've had a problem with this ever since the first installation with Command Center. I HAD it "fixed" so it would install where I waned, but I have NEVER been able to even use RP because only some of the presets will work (I'm guessing because it looked for samples in the wrong place). I'm stumped. Even if I have to uninstall Rapture Pro & reinstall it, THAT is much better than never being able to use the Synth. I hear it's nice this time of year....

THANK YOU for any assistance I can get here. OR is this one of those things I should open a ticket & get Support assistance?

14 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/03 17:16:52 (permalink)
    RPro looks at
    SampleDataDir
    in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software
    for the path to the "Rapture Pro" folder which contains the "LFO Waveforms", Multisamples and Tunings folders.
    abb
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 118
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/03 18:14:51 (permalink)
    Hi scook,

Would you happen to know where Rapture Session looks for its data?

Like the OP, I wanted to keep the (large) sound data off my (relatively small) system SSD; but the installer does not allow you to specify a path.  I contacted Cakewalk support and they confirmed this was a problem but (as usual) I never heard back from them.
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/03 18:18:39 (permalink)
    Rapture Session uses a subset of RPro and shares the same folders under the "Rapture Pro"  folder in the path set in SampleDataDir.
    abb
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/03 18:23:32 (permalink)
    Thanks!
    Sheanes
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 684
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/03 18:37:59 (permalink)
    hi, hope this helps...if not sorry I don't get it..
    copy the Rapture folder and all it's subfolders to the destination you want, then add this new location to the VST san path (task bar, edit, preferences, file, VST settings, VST scan path).
    Then rescan existing plugins, scan...
    It then Rapture works ok, you could delete the Rapture stuff on C drive.
    abb
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/03 18:44:43 (permalink)
    Sheanes
    hi, hope this helps...if not sorry I don't get it..
    copy the Rapture folder and all it's subfolders to the destination you want, then add this new location to the VST san path (task bar, edit, preferences, file, VST settings, VST scan path).
    Then rescan existing plugins, scan...
    It then Rapture works ok, you could delete the Rapture stuff on C drive.

Thank you for helping out...but my problem was solved by changing the registry path as described above by scook. 

What a great forum...

ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/04 06:51:47 (permalink)
    FYI, I noticed that my Rapture Pro install [2.0] had created several registry keys that all seemed to need to be altered to point to my shared multisamples folder. They are Dim Multisamples Path; Rap Multisamples Path and CSC Multisamples Path. FWIW, I don't have a registry key named SampleDataDir.

Rapture Session [2.0] has its own instances of these same keys, implying that they need to be set the same to share with Rap Pro (or set differently if for some unfathomable reason, you wish to have independent sample sets).

I also noticed that somewhere along the line, an earlier Rapture Pro installer had hoovered up all of my existing Rapture and Dim Pro samples and moved them into a new subfolder, named Rapture Pro, in the previous shared folder. Helpfully, it had amended the registry keys in rp and dp accordingly, so I didn't need to do anything here.
    scook
    Forum Host
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/04 12:13:30 (permalink)
    ChristopherM
    FYI, I noticed that my Rapture Pro install [2.0] had created several registry keys that all seemed to need to be altered to point to my shared multisamples folder. They are Dim Multisamples Path; Rap Multisamples Path and CSC Multisamples Path.

These are set during RPro/ RSess installation by reading existing registry entries for the legacy synths.

ChristopherM
    FWIW, I don't have a registry key named SampleDataDir.

Pretty sure it is required for RPro to work correctly. It is in
    not
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0

ChristopherM
    Rapture Session [2.0] has its own instances of these same keys, implying that they need to be set the same to share with Rap Pro (or set differently if for some unfathomable reason, you wish to have independent sample sets).

The entries are not identical in RPro and RSes registry.

ChristopherM
    I also noticed that somewhere along the line, an earlier Rapture Pro installer had hoovered up all of my existing Rapture and Dim Pro samples and moved them into a new subfolder, named Rapture Pro, in the previous shared folder. Helpfully, it had amended the registry keys in rp and dp accordingly, so I didn't need to do anything here.

The RPro and RSes installers do not copy or move multisamples from legacy locations. They do copy programs into legacy folders in the RPro/RSes program area. A full installation of RPro also installs legacy DPro and Rapture samples in the RPro multisample area with one subtle difference. Some of the legacy Rapture samples in the RPro multisamples folder are converted to flac files.
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/04 12:17:51 (permalink)
    cake really should move away from these bonkers registry settings and use something simpler and more reliable, like subfolder or ini file... there's no reason to use the registry for these things, and best practice coding actually says to avoid such (is that a feature request?)

just a sec

SF_Green
    Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1403
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/04 12:27:06 (permalink)
    pwalpwal
    cake really should move away from these bonkers registry settings and use something simpler and more reliable, like subfolder or ini file... there's no reason to use the registry for these things, and best practice coding actually says to avoid such (is that a feature request?)

+1

Yes, that should be a feature request. A nice select your Library/Multisamples location dialog box with a browse button. A check box to consolidate files to this location would also be most welcome.
    post edited by SF_Green - 2016/01/04 12:40:20

AMD FX-8370, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3,  Win7x64 SP1, 16Gb CorsairDDR3-1600, GeForce GTX 950 (390.65), SSD 525Gb (OS), SATA 3 & 1.5Tb, MOTU microlite, RME FireFace 800 (D 3.124, fw 2.77), UAD-2Q, Adam A7X, A-800 PRO, CC121
    Cubase Pro 10.0.5, SonarPt-2017.10 (x64), Reason10.2, Live 10.0.5 Suite, Wavelab Elements 9.5.40, Komplete10Ult, POD Farm2.5, Omnisphere2.5, BFD3, Alesis QS7.1, Arturia BeatStep Pro, POD HD500, Alesis ControlPad, ARP Omni, many things with strings. GrSltz My Studio
    abb
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/04 12:44:07 (permalink)
    +1
    ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/04 13:19:28 (permalink)
    Mr. Cook, you surely know your stuff!
    scook

Pretty sure it is required for RPro to work correctly. It is in
    not
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cakewalk Music Software\Rapture Pro\2.0

Aah, I see! Let me rephrase what I said - I do have a registry key named SampleDataDir and it's exactly where you said it would be.
    In my own defence, I'd say that's a very strange place to put it. It somehow implies that the Bakers might be heading for some kind of unification, although all of the other keys suggest quite the opposite.

ChristopherM
    I also noticed that somewhere along the line, an earlier Rapture Pro installer had hoovered up all of my existing Rapture and Dim Pro samples and moved them into a new subfolder, named Rapture Pro, in the previous shared folder.

scook
    The RPro and RSes installers do not copy or move multisamples from legacy locations. 

Well, I wonder how that happened. Maybe I did whilst the balance of my mind was disturbed, but I certainly don't recall doing so, and it would have made more sense for me to tinker with registry keys.

I certainly agree with other posters who hanker for a simple means of determining where Sonar keeps multisamples. I'd rather have that than any more one-knob modules for Pro Channel.
    bamim2
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 93
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/04 18:05:29 (permalink)
    "RPro looks at
    SampleDataDir
    in
    for the path to the "Rapture Pro" folder which contains the "LFO Waveforms", Multisamples and Tunings folders."

Thank YOU, for your info. Now that I see it, I can't believe I missed it all those times I looked through the Registry. I guess I should come here to ask for help a LONG time ago.

That said, I ABSOLUTELY agree with having an OBVIOUS & simple way to set the places DP & RP install everything. I'm pretty sure that USED to be part of Rene's original DP installation program. I don't know why it would have been dropped. Buuuuutttt..... Let's just say it's not the first time that things got left on the side of the road... So to speak.

I don't understand why at a minimum Both Dimension Pro & Rapture Pro aren't both in
    ...\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Sample Data

I guess that one makes too much sense having the SAMPLE DATA in the SAMPLE DATA folder??? WHA???!! 

Anyway. I GREATLY appreciate this help & can see that I am not the only one who has "had" (THANK YOU!!!! I no longer "have") this problem. I made the registry change & am installing the Rapture Pro Multisamples right now. FINALLY!! I can't wait to try RP & see what's up with that. 

It would be nice to have MUCH more control over the installations in the "Command Center" & have the Command Center actually BE a Command Center. It's sort of an "I'm in the way" Center right now.

Cheers!!
    mcdonalk
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 547
    Re: Can't seem to get Rapture Pro to install Multisamples where I want (already had) them. 2016/01/04 19:23:34 (permalink)
    If I didn't have to edit the registry to define the paths that I prefer, then I would be more apt to buy Cakewalk SW synthesizers sooner, and with a lot less anxiety, than I currently do. As it is, it takes courage for me to prepare for the wrestling match with the installer, plus a holiday sale.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1