Instrument feature: Generate Patch/Bank file

Author
ricoskyl
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 327
2016/01/10 01:09:44 (permalink)

Instrument feature: Generate Patch/Bank file

I've been trying to get behind the Plug-in Manager and thought I had discovered a great resource, the Patch Preset Import.

My interpretation of this resource is that if you simply import a file (*.spp) with all of the patch/bank information for a specific plugin, I'd be able to directly make patch and bank changes from Sonar without opening the instrument control panel.  Great in theory, but there are no *.SPP files anywhere on my computer.  Turns out those files are generated by the Plugin Manager and are used for reloading the patch/bank information.  Only a handful of plugs (mostly FX and DXi format) have presets that can be imported into the PM.

So here's where my feature request comes in:  Why not build a utility into Cakewalk instruments that will generate a *.spp file so patches and banks can be imported directly through the PM?  When creating a new bank or saving user patches, just update and re-import that file through the PM.  This would give users the chance to streamline workflow without the tedious process of generating instrument definition files.

Am I missing something?  Or would this be a relatively trivial task for achieving a relatively important workflow issue?

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
----------------------
Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1