Author
benoit1980
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2016/01/17 09:53:29 (permalink)
5 (1)

Sampling software idea for Sonar Platinum

Hello,

Sonar platinum is fantastic but it has something quiet important missing for electronic music producers, a proper sampling engine.

Here is an idea I sent to your support months ago but they have to me to post it here instead:

1)Imagine an interface where you can add or remove wave samples, each time you add one sample, a new little screen shows up with a wav form that you can tweak, cut, stretch and even have effects applied to this particular sample.

2)Each samples should have the possibility to have a REX type of  sync  so you can start moving parts or deleting some in that specific piece of wave. Each piece of wave can be muted

2)At the bottom of the interface, a rectangle when all those waves(boxed up) appear, with your mouse you can then slide them from right to left and change their position, press play, listen to that you just create, if not happy, move the boxes around while still changing the little pieces of waves inside each individual boxes above.

3)At the bottom of the interface, a button called "auto mix", each time you click, the software itself removes, add effects, or cut pieces of the rex files and change the order of the boxes in the big rectangle to create new sounds. This is a cool way to add more creativity to our mixes. It important to be able to choose specific lengths for the tempo system, 4,8,16,32 bars and have all the rex files auto stretching to the particular setting.

4)Export of the wav into rex format in a player where we can just tap each samples one by one to create rhythms or tracks.

A piece of kit like the one above would be absolutely fantastic!! 

3 Replies Related Threads

jpetersen
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1499
    Re: Sampling software idea for Sonar Platinum 2016/01/18 14:28:18 (permalink)
    I'd love to see the basic sfz.exe sample player fixed, perhaps put the engine that is in DimPro inside it.

Currently there seems to be a problem with shared memory if there are two instances, randomly crashing and taking Sonar with it.

sfz.exe is so quick and easy to use, with nearly no limit to how deep you can go if you really want to.
    I use it for live shows, theatre sound fx, all sorts of uses.

Just not in Sonar, because of the above-mentioned issue.
    sharke
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re: Sampling software idea for Sonar Platinum 2016/01/18 18:13:36 (permalink)
    Something along the lines of what Ableton has would be great.

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    CookiesnMilk
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: Sampling software idea for Sonar Platinum 2016/04/05 14:02:13 (permalink)
    The Ableton sampler is great for fast editing. It would be nice to have a sampler docked in the console bar when you drop a sample on the timeline.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1