Rapture Pro: Anyone discovered long loading times of short programs / sounds?

Author
Geert Jonkheer
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2016/01/26 16:43:54 (permalink)

Rapture Pro: Anyone discovered long loading times of short programs / sounds?

When I work with Rapture Pro/Session I discovered that some programs / sounds are taking a very long time to load.
With huge files (2 GB) sounds I can imagine this, but this is not the issue here. A program like "80s Poly Pad 2" is an example of a long program that also loads long but is again not the issue.
Another example is a better one to state my case here: Try to load "Lucid Dreams 1" or "Lucid Dreams 2". By me, loading this program stucks in the middle of the load. After about a minute it loads the rest of the file / sound / program. This happens in both Rapture Pro and Rapture Session. This program is only 40.5 MB.

My configuration is that I use Windows 7 64bit Quad Core 2 running on 2.33Ghz and an SSD for Sound and program files for Sonar including plugins. I have plugins like Rapture PRO/Session for instance NI Kontakt that works ok, even when the data is placed on a regular harddisk drive.

I first tried the 64-bit version load with the described above behaviour. Because of this post I also tried the 32-bit versions.
Guess what?
Notepad came up when using Rapture Session 32-bit with a file called: SamplePath.txt in that file it reads that Rapture Session could not find the .wav files that are references in the .sfz files. This is correct because all of the wave files are .flac.
The program Rapture Session says that the program is loaded but the sounds are not there!
I must conclude that somehow the 64bit version does not have a problem with this and finally finds its way to the .flac files.
There is a possible explanation for the delay! First trying to load .wav files (I think many times) and then a retry to load finally the .flac files. I have no other explanation for this. Rapture PRO 32bit also gives an error that it can not read the .wav files and does not load the "Lucid Dreams 1" or "Lucid Dreams 2" sample although it says so.

Is this caused by the way Rapture PRO/Session works, wrong .sfz files, wrong sound files or is this something else?
Hope anyone can tell me on this forum, fix this with a new release of Rapture Pro and Session or comes up with a work around.

Geert

3 Replies Related Threads

JayCee99
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 353
    Re: Rapture Pro: Anyone discovered long loading times of short programs / sounds? 2016/01/26 22:04:08 (permalink)
    Sometimes programs can take 5-10 seconds to load, but nothing like you're describing it.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?  Otherwise I'd contact customer service.

Sonar Platinum
    Audio Interface: Focusrite 18i8 ASIO Interface 
    Keys: Korg Kronos 88, Alesis VI25
    Windows 8.1 x64 Laptop, 8GB RAM, i7 CPU
    Geert Jonkheer
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: Rapture Pro: Anyone discovered long loading times of short programs / sounds? 2016/01/27 12:00:18 (permalink)
    Yes indeed, programs can take a very long time even when they are really short.
    Today I tried uninstalling and installing which came up with the same results as described.

It is very strange that the 32bit version works actually differently then the 64bit version.

Try to load "Lucid Dreams 2" using the 32bit version of Rapture PRO or Session. It fails to load!
    Try to load the same program in the 64bit version and it will work however after a very long waiting time.
    I test this out using the standalone versions of Rapture PRO and Session! In the VST versions it is the same thing.

I also discovered that on the standalone the Rapture Pro / Session does not recognize all of my MIDI devices. Especially the ones which has controllers and keyboard (USB devices) are not recognized. Plain MIDI controllers are shown.

Cakewalk support seems to be dead.... I have addressed this issue twice with no response whatsoever.

Geert
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Rapture Pro: Anyone discovered long loading times of short programs / sounds? 2016/01/27 12:11:33 (permalink)
    Geert Jonkheer
    Try to load "Lucid Dreams 2" using the 32bit version of Rapture PRO or Session. It fails to load!
    Try to load the same program in the 64bit version and it will work however after a very long waiting time.
    I test this out using the standalone versions of Rapture PRO and Session! In the VST versions it is the same thing.

Here is an earlier report about "Lucid Dreams 2" http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3235064
    I do not believe the program has changed but the reported memory use has. On my PC the current version of RPro shows  40.5MB where the program actually uses over 2GB.The synth must load all samples in memory. The program is too large for the 32bit versions of RPro/Ses to handle.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1