Helpful ReplyMidi Guitar

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/18 21:36:14 (permalink)
I just made a demo video of MidiGuitar 2 and a few hours later they updated it. I haven't had time to check out the new pitch bending, but I'm looking forward to it. You can check out my vid if you're interested in how it works.
https://youtu.be/Q6Cj8y6dPac

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page
cecelius2
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1494
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/19 01:55:19 (permalink)
Just installed beta 11, but noticed two things. 1) the alternative tuning presets are no longer provided; 2) that it did not migrate my vst path from v10.  I send JamOrigins a message to let him know.

[EDIT:  Just got an email from JamOrigins and they are going to add back in the tuning presets, and they know about the vst scan.]
post edited by cecelius2 - 2016/01/19 03:21:44

Mesh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/19 08:36:49 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
Oh my Goodness ,

I just found out for myself that The Jam Origin Midi Bass plug ( licensed Beta ) is absolutely something I have needed for a real long time and didn't even know it  
I've  been experimenting with it for a couple of hours in SONAR .
SO far  I think it is a really cool plug ..
I only own one Bass , a 4 string and this Midi Bass plug just opened up the door and made me feel like I just grabbed a few hundred new bass's for my Bass sounds ....
Meaning  all the VST instruments I never got to use for bass  I can now use because I like to play a real bass
(keys just ain't my thing ...)

I find it interesting that I can take my bass , play a bass part and blend that in with the midi bass part at the same time ...
a lot of real cool possibility's have just opened up for me ...

I effing Love this thing The Midi Bass plug tracks very good and It is Kicking Out Some Serious Bottom End   

anyway thanks for listening ,

Kenny

Oh nooooooo.........Do I have to buy a bass now???
post edited by Mesh - 2016/01/19 08:50:09

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/19 13:27:28 (permalink)
Stop it all of you my wallet can not take the strain , my GAS gland is itching to be scratched with this but I just got to pay for me next year of SONAR HELP! 

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Mesh
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/19 13:36:20 (permalink)
Wookiee
Stop it all of you my wallet can not take the strain , my GAS gland is itching to be scratched with this but I just got to pay for me next year of SONAR HELP! 

There....there....there my big furry friend.....this is all you have to do (with rationales included):

1) Get Midi Guitar, jump right into your creativity, and play/record synths until your hearts content
2) Sonar Plat is already working very well, so no need upgrade until later (when able)

Simples.....
HTH

(I already have MG, so Sonar is all I'm saving up for). 

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
cecelius2
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/19 18:49:31 (permalink)
There should be a new beta version out soon.  I just got another email from Ole saying that they are fixing the problems the v11 failing to remember the audio card settings, tuning presets and vst paths.  They were fine in previous versions, but got messed up in v11.  So anyone buying this should know that the fix is in the works.

Mesh
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/20 10:51:05 (permalink)
Chandler
I just made a demo video of MidiGuitar 2 and a few hours later they updated it. I haven't had time to check out the new pitch bending, but I'm looking forward to it. You can check out my vid if you're interested in how it works.

Good video you did there Chandler..........very helpful for anyone learning about MG.  

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/20 11:35:45 (permalink)
Chandler

I thought you were a good player

cecelius2
Just installed beta 11, but noticed two things. 1) the alternative tuning presets are no longer provided; 2) that it did not migrate my vst path from v10.  I send JamOrigins a message to let him know.

[EDIT:  Just got an email from JamOrigins and they are going to add back in the tuning presets, and they know about the vst scan.]

cecelius2

Yeah I mentioned they were aware of a few bugs a few posts back ..
I just let them slide for now because in an e mail from Ole I got . I knew there was gonna be a Beta update ...

Mesh

kennywtelejazz
Oh my Goodness ,

I just found out for myself that The Jam Origin Midi Bass plug ( licensed Beta ) is absolutely something I have needed for a real long time and didn't even know it  
I've  been experimenting with it for a couple of hours in SONAR .
SO far  I think it is a really cool plug ..
I only own one Bass , a 4 string and this Midi Bass plug just opened up the door and made me feel like I just grabbed a few hundred new bass's for my Bass sounds ....
Meaning  all the VST instruments I never got to use for bass  I can now use because I like to play a real bass
(keys just ain't my thing ...)

I find it interesting that I can take my bass , play a bass part and blend that in with the midi bass part at the same time ...
a lot of real cool possibility's have just opened up for me ...

I effing Love this thing The Midi Bass plug tracks very good and It is Kicking Out Some Serious Bottom End   

anyway thanks for listening ,

Kenny

Oh nooooooo.........Do I have to buy a bass now???

Yes , if you don't have a Bass  Mesh you may want to get one  ...
My current Bass  may be on the humble side ( 4 string Yamaha ) Yet , it is a real joy to play with Midi Bass
Also I have gotten some fantastic results using Midi Bass with my 7 string guitar. ( monophonic ) 
sssshhh don't tell any body

Wookiee

Wookiee,
I wish I could say something that could help you ....my wallets on E too .
Now that I have this version of Midi Guitar I want to get some better synths ....every time I listen to your songs I wish I had some of those cool synths you have . I kid you not my friend

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Mesh
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/20 11:56:58 (permalink)
Yeah Kenny, I do want to get a bass (possibly just cheap one that does the job well)......when more funds are available (waiting for the lotto results ).

About getting synths.....I can highly recommend SynthMaster (if you don't already have it). It's really good with MG and there are soooooo many excellent presets that are MG friendly....specially for us soloists.

You can probably get it at a very good bargain price over at KVR and possibly get some additional libraries included (that's the route I took a few years back and got a bunch of Nori Ubukata libraries.....very good/useful sounds IMO). 

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
kennywtelejazz
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/20 14:18:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2016/01/20 14:23:11
Mesh
Yeah Kenny, I do want to get a bass (possibly just cheap one that does the job well)......when more funds are available (waiting for the lotto results ).

About getting synths.....I can highly recommend SynthMaster (if you don't already have it). It's really good with MG and there are soooooo many excellent presets that are MG friendly....specially for us soloists.

You can probably get it at a very good bargain price over at KVR and possibly get some additional libraries included (that's the route I took a few years back and got a bunch of Nori Ubukata libraries.....very good/useful sounds IMO). 

Yes, I hear you loud and clear Mesh ,
Right now for you , me and Wookiee  , it seems to be that it's the ole when the funds become available thang holding us back . Lets hope that it is a temporary thang that will soon pass
Thank you for the synth recommendation ,that synth may indeed be a good one for me to consider ...
As far a Bass's go there is a lot of decent playing / sounding Bass's out there from Fender , Squier , Ibanez , Schecter , &  Yamaha that won't break the bank and be fully usable if your loto ticket don't happen to win ...
The Rondo Music web page has a few nice Bass's also .....
look at this freaking  Monster for small peanuts 
http://www.rondomusic.com/URSA2MN6ASHna.html
(It's got  too many strings for Midi Bass but hey I wouldn't mind having it  )

good luck ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

Mesh
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/20 14:26:07 (permalink)
Wow, that is a nice price on that 6 string!!
Thanks for the link, I might just have to save up for this. The only down side in this being a 6 string is, ALL my music is just going to be a bunch of guitar and bass solo's.  

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
cecelius2
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/20 17:27:01 (permalink)
Beta v 12 was released today.
[EDIT:  V12 did fix the bug that loss the tuning presets and Audio Driver setup.  I did have to save and close twice for it to actually remember, but it is working now.  Also  it scans VST3 plugins now]
post edited by cecelius2 - 2016/01/20 20:24:31

Chandler
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 477
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/20 20:10:27 (permalink)
Thanks. I hope more people get this so more midi products are developed with guitarist in mind.

I'll also recommend Synthmaster. It's one of the synths I used in the video. It's cheap and it sounds great. I'm shocked something so powerful costs so little.

My soundcloud page Chandlerhimself
My Youtube page
lawajava
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2040
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/20 20:47:14 (permalink)
Chandler - your demo pushed me over the fence. I plan to get both. I was watching for the next beta update because the last one had a couple of issues. That seems solved now. Synthmaster has recently caught my attention.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
cclarry
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/21 07:26:25 (permalink)
MIDI Guitar 2 BETA 12 and MIDI Bass BETA 3 are now available to customers. This is our first unified release which means that the two products are now identical, apart from the underlying tracking engine and the colour scheme. Both products come as VST, AU and standalone applications for 32- and 64-bits Windows and Mac systems. 

Moreover, we have managed to port the same application to iOS, and so the MIDI Guitar App for iOS will get an update that is almost a 1:1 port of the desktop version, which is currently only awaiting Apple's approval. Another newsletter will follow regarding the iOS release.

What's New:Compatibility fixes: The main focus in this release is to address remaining compatibility issues and at this point there should be very few compatibility issues left. Issues with the plugin scanner should be resolved, but you need to do a new scan for plugins with the new version. On Windows we have made some changes related to handing audio interfaces in order to addressed compatibility problems with some ASIO audio interfaces. (please let us know if we have introduced any new problems - we'll fix remaining issues immediately, if we get rapports).

Pitch bends: This release finally brings very accurate pitch bends and vibrato. Just remember to sent the pitch bend range to match the range of the synth (usually 2 or 12).

Amp Cabinet Mining: This release contains a small innovation that we haven't seen elsewhere in guitar amp/effect processors and just deserves to be mentioned: As you probably know MIDI Guitar can load impulse responses to simulate amp cabinets reverberation and microphone placements, etc..  Well.. now it has a billion billion amp cabinets responses right on-board, included. Obviously even if mankind unite we'll never be able to hear them all, but you can get a random one and whenever there is something you like you can make it get you something similar. There is certainly a space there for unique tones and we are very curious what is to be found in there...  so please let us know when you find something great. We intend to do much the same for reverbs.

DownloadCustomers: Run any version of MIDI Guitar 2 to get an update notification and download link.
Non-Customers: Sorry, not yet - you can get BETA4 at the downloads page.

More Info
jamorigin.com/products/midi-guitar

tomixornot
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1674
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/22 06:26:57 (permalink)
I wrote to Jam Origin regarding 9 strings guitar support (Ibanez RG 9 / Schecter C9, etc) and got a fast reply that they are planning on some Chapman-stick version and 9 strings guitar should be under that category, but it's low priority for now.

Albert

i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz / MB Intel DP67BG / 16GB Ram
- ADATA 250GB SSD (Boot)
- Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD (Samples)
Audio interface : Motu 828 MK ii

i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz / MB Asrock Z170 / 16GB Ram
- Samsung EVO 850 120GB / 500 GB SSD

Audio interface : Roland Quad Capture

Win 10 Pro / Sonar Platinum
Mesh
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/01/29 11:50:34 (permalink)
Just got an email from Jam Origin that MG2 for iOS is available (for all you iJam users )

http://www.jamorigin.com/docs/midi-guitar-for-ios/

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
kennywtelejazz
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/02/03 15:35:15 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2016/02/03 16:07:31
Hello Forum ,

I would like to take this moment to share with you a file that clearly indicates how good Midi Guitar Beta really is ...

Here's a  quick run down of what I did ...

I took an acoustic recording of an Iconic Master Jazz Guitar Player playing a Jazz Standard and imported the performance / song into SONAR SPlat ...
I converted the stereo track to mono and then i  set the volume to where it wasn't pushing too hard with the transients .
On my audio's track effects area I placed Midi Guitar Beta there enabled as a softsynth ...
Then I opened the synth rack and called up  an instance of Strum Session 2 as a simple soft synth ..
I set the Strum Session 2 to receive the midi data from Midi Guitar Beta ...
What I did next was arm the midi track of Strum Session to enable record and hit r on my computers keyboard .

For those of you that will take the time to listen to this MP3 .
I did not edit the midi whatsoever because I wanted to be able to compare the midi to audio ...
I recorded this in file in real time at the original tempo of the song ...
then I panned the audio to one side , the unrendered midi to the other and did an exported a file out of SONAR ..

If I had wanted to I could have rendered the midi to audio and then lined that up w the audio ...I did not do that because I wanted to hear it exactly as it was converted to midi w out any edits ... 

It may be certainly true that this is not audiophile quality ...I know that ...for me this was just an experiment...

The Amazing thing is , I think Midi Guitar Beta did an unbelievable job processing the guitar performance ..
Now that it is Midi , I can do what ever I want w it .... 

This MP3  is being posted for educational purposes only .
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13311064

I do hope you enjoy the possibility's of what I'm trying to convey here regarding the educational uses Midi Guitar can bring to the table if one is so inclined to go there ,

all the best ,
Kenny
post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2016/02/03 16:15:32

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Mesh
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/02/03 16:00:50 (permalink)
Excellent stuff you've done here Kenny. It's a great thing to have creative people as yourself in these forums to offer techniques/experiments to open up our creativity. Thanks for sharing.....this is really good stuff......the audio/playing was also very good. 

My MG is calling me.....  

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
kennywtelejazz
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/02/03 16:05:37 (permalink)
Thank you for the kind words Mesh

The audio guitar playing is Joe Pass . I didn't want to mention that because I didn't want to get busted on S.C.

all the best ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Mesh
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/02/03 16:11:03 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
Thank you for the kind words Mesh

The audio guitar playing is Joe Pass . I didn't want to mention that because I didn't want to get busted on S.C.

all the best ,

Kenny

Mumms Midi Guitar's the word.

HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
MarioD
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 901
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/02/05 10:04:14 (permalink)
Kenny, thanx for sharing that info.  It looks like I now have to make another purchase!

PS - I had guessed that it was Joe Pass so thanx for verifying that.

The reason people say the vinyl sounds better is because the music was better.

Sonar Platinum, Intel i7 –2600 CPU @ 3.2 GHz, 16 GB ram, 2x2TB internal drives and 1 1TB internal drive, Radeon HD 5570 video card, HP 25" monitor,
Roland Octa Capture, MOTU Midi Express 128, Win 10 Pro

www.soundcloud.com/Mario_Guitar
kennywtelejazz
Re: Midi Guitar 2016/02/05 21:03:12 (permalink)
Thank you Mario I do hope you get it ...

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1