piano roll view not sync'ed with actual measure location

Author
GregGraves
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 282
2016/02/05 10:45:42 (permalink)

piano roll view not sync'ed with actual measure location

Suppose I have an all audio and soft synth project 115 measures long.  If I click on the time line, say at measure 45 on screenset 1, and then go to screenset 7 (where my AD2 midi piano roll is displayed), the piano roll timeline says that I am at measure 45 but what is displayed is measure 1.  If I hit play, the location of the song where the drums are playing is not displayed, but the drums are playing and starting at measure 45.  If I remember to click on the slider at the bottom of the piano roll, the display jumps to measure 45, and then it works "normally". 

In the past versions, I do not remember the piano roll display not opening where it is supposed to be, i.e., it was just there in the view and I didn't have to [remember to] click anything.  It is a PITA if I am doing a lot of jumping around.

I am "Five Foot Wall" on Spotify, Deezer, etc.  Platinum, Windows 7 64bit, AMD FX-6100 hex-core @3.8ghz, 8 gig ram (never use more than 5 gigs), Delta 44, UM-2
[Note: join date reflects inability to migrate old account to new forum]

https://greggraves.bandcamp.com/track/whatcha-gonna-do
https://greggraves.bandcamp.com/track/true-believer-man

1 Reply Related Threads

Paul P
    Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2685
    Re: piano roll view not sync'ed with actual measure location 2016/02/05 23:11:08 (permalink)

I can reproduce this quite often, but not always (Manchester Update 1).  Most of the time if the PRV in the screen set showing it is undocked, things work ok and I can switch screen sets and the prv will open with the Now Time centered (if it can be centered).

The error is more frequent with the prv docked (though I may be imagining this, I didn't try it that many times).    In the error state that I'm using to write this post, there are about  60 measures separating the Now Time marker and the vertical line.  If I move the Now Time marker in the PRV by clicking in the ruler, the marker will move, and the vertical line will maintain the 60 measures difference.

I can undock to PRV and the error is maintained.  The error will persist until the track view scrolls (I think), at which point the prv will correct itself.

I have no prior experience with screen sets, but it looks like the track view in a Screenset tries to regain the position it had on the time line when you switch back to it.  I have a feeling the error amount in the PRV may be related to the amount the view had to shift to go back to where it was before the switch.

post edited by Paul P - 2016/02/05 23:41:26

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1