Locked[Implemented] - "Scale Mode" in PRV

Author
djserg
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 34
2016/02/09 13:19:44 (permalink)
5 (1)

[Implemented] - "Scale Mode" in PRV

In PRV, it would be great to have an option to visually view/draw/edit only the notes of a specific scale. The user would have the ability to choose a scale and have the PRV only show active notes of that scale. For example: the key of C Major has no sharp/flat notes, so in "Scale Mode" all the sharp/flat keys would be grayed out in the PRV.
It could be as simple as an option in PRV to "Lock notes to project's key Signature", and additionally allow the user to manually hide/gray out any notes (this would be useful for using non-traditional or augmented scales).
Also, It would be helpful when in scale mode, if the user draws/records/moves into a wrong note (not in the selected scale), it would be grayed or outlined- as to visually alert the user.

Also, the project "Key Signature" would need some updating. It would be very helpful to offer more than the current (and very basic) sharp/flat count. For example: Cmin, Cmin (harmonic), Cmin (non harmonic), etc.
Having more scales in Sonar also makes improving the arpeggiator and hopefully adding a chord generator much more useful and valuable.

Right now, i'm using 3rd party arpeggiator and chord generator (Sundog) that has every scale, BUT would love to see these things properly implemented directly in Sonar. I don't believe all useful tools (combined) are available in any other DAW.

I imagine this would be helpful to other users.

edit: feature already exists - added implemented to subject - sc

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Add a "Scale Mode" in PRV 2016/02/09 13:42:04 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    WRT Scale Mode see Snap To Scale
    djserg
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: Add a "Scale Mode" in PRV 2016/02/09 14:52:00 (permalink)
    Thank you so much Scook!!
    That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm actually a little ashamed I didn't remember that it was already in Sonar. It's right there in the PRV too. I'm so excited, this forum is awesome!!

Thanks again Scook.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1