PRV - Numberpad Short cuts #8 and #2 (don't behave properly) *** SOLVED ***

Author
djserg
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 34
2016/02/09 14:04:30 (permalink)

PRV - Numberpad Short cuts #8 and #2 (don't behave properly) *** SOLVED ***

When notes are selected in the PRV, most of the numberpad (keyboard) shortcuts behave as they do with clips. Where you can use the numberpad to "nudge" selected notes forward/backward in PRV. Which is AWESOME, because I use these shortcuts to "nudge" audio clips in the track view every day (with my preferred settings). So it's very natural, extremely helpful, and very consistent to find that this also works with midi notes in the PRV.
But, the numbers "8" and "2" do not work correctly. They currently move the entire clip (containing the selected note) UP/DOWN a track (in the track view). Which is not natural (because i'm not in track view), and not helpful (because it's now in an audio track or the wrong midi track).
The numberpad shortcuts (#8 and #2) should move selected notes (UP/DOWN respectively) by one note in the PRV. For example: If I select a note on "C", and press numberpad #8, it would go UP (by one note) to "C#". This would make for a very natural and useful way of moving notes Up/Down/Frwd/Bckwrd in PRV.

Really hope this gets fixed.
post edited by djserg - 2016/02/15 14:44:07

3 Replies Related Threads

icontakt
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4266
    Re: PRV - Numberpad Short cuts #8 and #2 (don't behave properly) 2016/02/15 06:21:45 (permalink)
    Hi, you need to post some steps to reproduce the issue if you want it confirmed and fixed.
    Below is what I just did and couldn't reproduce it:

1. Create a new project from the Basic project template.
    2. Add four MIDI tracks.
    3. Select the third MIDI track and hit Alt+3 to open the PRV.
    4. Draw a note event in the PRV.
    5. Lasso-select the note you draw and hit Num 2 or 8.

The note event moves up/down as expected.

Tak T.

Primary Laptop: Core i7-4710MQ CPU, 16GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Windows 7 Home Premium OS (Japanese) x64 SP1
    Secondary Laptop: Core2 Duo CPU, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM HDD, Windows 7 Professional OS (Japanese) x64 SP1
    Audio Interface: iD14 (ASIO)
    Keyboard Controller/MIDI Interface: A-800PRO
    DAW: SONAR Platinum x64 (latest update installed)
    djserg
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 34
    Re: PRV - Numberpad Short cuts #8 and #2 (don't behave properly) 2016/02/15 13:29:07 (permalink)
    Hey Tak T,

This is awesome. I was able to figure it out. First, you were right - there is no bug.
    I followed your steps and at first, I had the same issue. But, then I remembered that I do have some custom key bindings set up. So I changed Sonar's keybinds back to the default template, and VOILA!!! It was working as it should. So it took a few attempts to figure out how to use my custom keybinds template (that took hours to set up) But have the #2 & #8 work as it should when in default.
    So in the keybind settings under the PRV, #2 & #8 were not binded (which threw me for a loop). But in the "Global Bindings" they were binded to what looks to be correct ("nudge up" and "nudge down").
    I had to unbind them under "Global Bindings". This apparently allows them to go back to the default setting. Then I resaved (aka "export") my custom keybinds template- problem fixed forever!!!

Thank you Tak T.

Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: PRV - Numberpad Short cuts #8 and #2 (don't behave properly) 2016/02/15 14:10:38 (permalink)
    Glad you got it sorted Sergio.

Please amend the title of your thread to include the word *** SOLVED ***

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1