Bösendorfer Butterfly Piano

Author
TheMaartian
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2774
2016/02/10 14:45:19 (permalink)

Bösendorfer Butterfly Piano

If I had an extra US$200K floating around, and as much as I want an Imperial, I would buy one of these.

—An Exclusive Offering for Design-Savvy Music Lovers —

The new Butterfly Limited Edition Model is the third in a series of special edition marquetry pianos from Bösendorfer, the premier manufacturer of unique, handcrafted, special design instruments. Instead of a regular polished ebony or wood finish, the delicate floral and butterfly motif and special cabinet design elevates what is already a world-class acoustic piano into a free standing piece of art.

“There is an increased demand for customized pianos, and the Butterfly piano is one of the finest ever created,” says Simon Oss, marketing manager of premium pianos at Yamaha Corporation of America. “When making a financial investment in a piano, people look for an instrument that also makes a design statement in their homes, and they want it to be unique.”

The exclusivity of the Limited Editions is another strong selling point: only nine of these pianos will be sold worldwide, and two have already been sold.

In keeping with the Viennese tradition of incorporating art into the craft of piano-making, the unique design on the inside of the lid recreates a beautiful scene from nature, inspired by the Viennese Schönbrunn Palace and the Imperial Butterfly House. “The back story makes the piano more remarkable and beautiful, adding value aesthetically that other pianos don't,” Oss says. “Another interesting aspect of the design is the inclusion of eight butterflies; a number considered as lucky by Asian cultures. The butterflies symbolize love, romance, happiness, immortality and rebirth.”

The Butterfly — like its predecessors in the marquetry series, the Hummingbird and Schönbrunn models — is created by using the traditional sand shading technique on the colored wood. Veneers used within the marquetry inlay include tulip wood, English and American burr walnut, birds eye maple, ripple sycamore, myrtle burr, silky oak, and eucalyptus.

Pricing and Availability
The Bösendorfer Butterfly Limited Edition Model (MSRP: $198,999) will ship in January.

For more information, visit http://4wrd.it/BosendorferTour 

Intel i7 3.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB HD Win10 Home 64-bit Tascam US-16x08
Studio One 4 Pro NotionMelodyne 4 Studio Acoustica 7 Guitar Pro 7
PreSonus FaderPort Nektar P6 M-Audio BX8 D2 Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro
NI K9U XLN AK, AD2 AAS VS-2, GS-2, VA-2, EP-4, CP-2, OD Toontrack SD3, EZK

1 Reply Related Threads

cclarry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 20964
    Re: Bösendorfer Butterfly Piano 2016/02/10 18:02:01 (permalink)
    I'll take two...

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1