More/better editing options in PRV controller panes

Author
sklathill
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 143
2016/02/15 16:18:07 (permalink)
5 (6)

More/better editing options in PRV controller panes

Just need to say this right now so I don't forget, because I'm currently having a heluva time trying to refine my EWI data.

Would love to have better options for editing CC data. Stuff like:

Drawing percent multiply on top of the CC.
Compressing/expanding CC data.
High pass filter, lerp, or some other smooth data function for CCs. (breath controller and bite controller and aftertouch!)
Lock/unlock CC data with note position/length.
Faster way to move CC data between CCs.
Configure CC panes to show articulations (instruments that use CC instead of keys for "key"switching, my Kontakt harp libraries come to mind).

Maybe there is a way to do these things that I don't know about?  I feel like somewhere back in the Sonar 2-5 days, I could do something like the drawing percent/addition on top of CC data was an option...

3 Replies Related Threads

williamcopper
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1120
    Re: More/better editing options in PRV controller panes 2016/02/17 18:42:15 (permalink)
    +3 (3)
    Fully support improvement of ANY sort in PRV controller pane.   It is the single worst part of Sonar's UI for me.   The whole notion of "grab if close, draw if not close" is badly flawed. 
    Detwoen
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    Re: More/better editing options in PRV controller panes 2016/02/24 06:38:56 (permalink)
    +3 (3)
    I'm sure I've seen a post on this topic, but can't find it now. The controller panes in PRV urgently need a workover. Is it possible to have the default view of controllers as NONE except velocity, and then let us add them as we need them - and for those choices to stay no matter how many tracks are selected. If I select more than 7 or 8 tracks, it's all but impossible to turn off the myriad of controller panes to see the one I want to edit. Sonar is a terrific piece of software, but this area definitely needs improving.
    williamcopper
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1120
    Re: More/better editing options in PRV controller panes 2016/03/09 13:58:36 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    A couple of detailed improvements for the controller pane. 

1)  DO AWAY WITH THE 'GRAB' of current value.      Makes CW's ears burn nearly daily as I curse sonar.

2) DEFAULT TO ZERO OR ONE CONTROLLER PANE STRIP!!!!!

3) WHEN VIEWING MULTIPLE TRACKS IN THE PRV, AND YOU CHANGE TRACK FOCUS, then let the existing strip which shows, say, CC11 for the prior track CHANGE to show CC1 for the newly selected track, INSTEAD OF GOING BELLY UP AND REQUIRING YET MORE CLICKS.  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1