Most Synth Rack Notes Not Sounding

Author
geowonders
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2016/02/15 23:51:23 (permalink)

Most Synth Rack Notes Not Sounding

My recording so far has been limited to patches from a USB sound module but I decided to check out the patches on MC6 Synth Rack, so I inserted a Sound Center track, selected a patch, and recorded a passage. On playback, 80% of the notes do not sound. They appear on the piano roll but they don’t play. Why?

Computer: Dell Optiplex 760 - refurbished - 4GB RAM
Operating System: Windows 10, 32-bit
Program: Music Creator 6.0 Build 50
Sound Module: Ketron SD2 Orchestral Wizard
Controller: Roland A-49
Mixer: Behringer X1204USB
Amp: Crown D-75
Speakers: JBL Control 28T

2 Replies Related Threads

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Most Synth Rack Notes Not Sounding 2016/02/16 02:10:14 (permalink)
    I don't have MC, and I'm not aware of what is a "Sound Center Track". I assume you inserted a soft synth. or is your
    Ketron in the picture for creating the sounds?

There are (at least) two possibilities. My first suspect is "MIDI buffers - use xxx ms buffers". in the Options/Preferences (I don't know which name MC uses for the settings drop down). Double that figure.
    Too small a MIDI buffer is the most common reason for randomly skipped MIDI notes.

Secondly: If you have written notation that goes outside the range of the instrument in question, you'll get only
    silence for those notes.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re: Most Synth Rack Notes Not Sounding 2016/02/16 09:06:10 (permalink)
    I'm assuming he means "Cakewalk Soundcenter" which is a softsynth.

did you load an instrument into the Soundcenter?  you have to load something by double clicking on an instrument, there's no default loaded.

are you using MIDI tracks you recorded in MC or are you using MIDI tracks you downloaded from the internet?  if downloaded, there are probably PATCH data in the MIDI data of the track which you'll need to delete

did you insert an INSTRUMENT track or MIDI and SOURCE tracks?  make sure you have the output CHANNEL, BANK and PATCH information set correctly for the Soundcenter.  if you used an INSTRUMENT track that info needs to be set on the properties of that track, if you used MIDI/SOURCE tracks, then set it on the MIDI track.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1