Asio audio drivers on MC7

Author
LenMorphew
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2016/02/21 05:05:10 (permalink)

Asio audio drivers on MC7

Anyone had problems with Asio audio drivers on MC7? I use a Behringer U-phoria UMC22 USB audio interface on a laptop running Windows 10, which works fine with Band in the Box and the laptop's own sound. However, when you try to Edit Preferences on MC7, it only recognises the Asio driver as linked to the laptop's built in mic and speakers and not the version linked to the USB device. If you disable these, you don't get any sound at all. Downloading and installing the latest Asio driver didn't change this. Any idea how I can get MC7 to see the USB device driver?

2 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Asio audio drivers on MC7 2016/02/21 07:39:08 (permalink)
    I did not see where this using either does or doesn't support ASIO drivers.  All I could find on this unit is that it's discontinued and no mention anywhere I looked about the drivers it uses.

It's not a case of does MC7 support ASIO... it's rather a case of does the interface support full native ASIO drivers or does it use codecs and wrappers as well as MME and other drivers instead. MC7 will list the drivers is sees in it's input and output options and it will try to use them. Whether they work well with the soundcard is a totally different issue.

The other programs you mentioned will tend to work well on MME drivers on the laptop factory card as you mentioned, so you really can't compare them in this manner.  MC7 will not run smoothly on the factory card with MME.

Most of the better interfaces will run the Native ASIO drivers.  If your interface doesn't, you might want to consider selling it on eBay and buy one that does.  Check your users manual because that should list the driver modes it supports.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    LenMorphew
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Asio audio drivers on MC7 2016/02/22 03:22:39 (permalink)
    Thanks for your reply - I will see if the U-phoria can support any other driver modes.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1