Z3TA +2 Velocity to Amplitude modulation

Author
Freakwave
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
2016/03/04 05:55:56 (permalink)

Z3TA +2 Velocity to Amplitude modulation

Hi all you music lovers!

Just started to make my own first Z3ta sound.
I got a saw wave, set up an Amp EG and got a sound. Then i noticed that that if i pressed the keys hard or soft the volume of the sound stayed the same. So Z3ta didn't respond to the velocity of my keyboard. What i did is this:

In the modulation section under source i set "keyboard->velocity", under range i opened it all up, under destination i entered " Envelopes -> Amplitude EG -> EG Amplitude amount" 

This seems to work!
Problem solved? Did i do it right?

For if i go thru the presets i dont see any of the set up ive mentioned above. Velocity might trigger a filter but not the amp EG.
Strange i think. for how can you have like a piano soundprogram if there is no response to velocity.

and if velocity triggers anything it is set up like this:
Source:on, range: full, controll: velocity, Desination: what ever you want ( in my case eg amplitude amount)

I'm very curious to see if i get an response, for i did a Z3ta search on this forum, and i only found people with install problems and other related issues. NOT ONE question was about programming this soft synth.....

I realy hope to get my head around this synth and to be able to create sounds that are in my head. I found some very usefull youtube vids and im reading "power tools for synthesizer programming" by Jim aikin, but i still have a loooooong way to go. 

Even though the user interface on the screen looks prity small, there is a world of possibilities hidden behind it.

Thanks for all your help.

F. 

3 Replies Related Threads

jchop
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: Z3TA +2 Velocity to Amplitude modulation 2016/03/04 13:24:12 (permalink)
    It's sort of two ways of doing the same thing.

The way you see it implement in programs is that the modulator is always on and setting the amp eg to a full amount--velocity is just controlling the intensity of that modulation.

Your implementation is just more straightforward for that purpose ("harder = louder").

There can be interplay between EG amount, modulation range, and modulation control amount, but in your case I don't think your approach is "wrong" for your desired goal.

My two pennies.
    -John
    Freakwave
    Re: Z3TA +2 Velocity to Amplitude modulation 2016/03/06 13:18:39 (permalink)
    Thanks John.
    Your two pennies are appreciated :)

I was wondering; is there a club/forum/website destinated to synthesizer programming/sound design or to the Z3ta in specific?

F.
    Freakwave
    Re: Z3TA +2 Velocity to Amplitude modulation 2016/03/11 05:47:50 (permalink)
    Update:

Now i think one can better control volume by modulating Oscelator Level with velocity

F. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1