AnsweredMusic creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar

Author
stevec71
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2016/03/14 23:47:07 (permalink)

Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar

Hi there, anyone know how we setup Music creator 7 with a Xenyx 802 Behringer for 2 guitar and a microphone?
I'm using the Behringer adaptor with IN/OUT RCA to USB to plug my Xenyx to my laptop. I plugged my mic in the Input 1 of my mixer, and 1 guitar in the 3/4 Input and the second guitar in the 6/5 Input. 
Anyone could guide me how to setup this in the Music Creator 7 please.
Did a lot of researhes on the web but dindt find anything explaining how to setup Input all Inputs, and in Music creator each time i create a new track its only show me by default an Input 1, don't find any dropdown list offering other input....

Thanks sharing your knowledge with me
Steve
Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/15 03:19:36 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby stevec71 2016/03/15 23:29:37
Welcome to the forum!
If I understand correctly, the only outputs you have from the Xenyx are two RCA cables (L/R) that are connected to a USB adapter > to your laptop? Is that correct? If so, the RCA cables can not transmit more than one stereo signal, left and right. There is no way you can transmit several tracks via an RCA. 
According to what I found in the net Xenyx is only a mixer, it's not an audio interface which could transmit several channels separately via USB. You would need a RCA output for each channel separately when using a plain mixer.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
jimfogle
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/15 13:33:01 (permalink)
Steve, Welcome to the forum!

The Xenyx 802 RCA output jacks need to connect to the 1/8" line-in jack on your computer.  Typically computers with line-in capability will have two 1/8" jacks, one for headphones and a second that can be used by a microphone or as a line-in.  The computer may automatically detect if you connect a microphone or line-in but with others you have to go into the control panel and select either mic or line-in.  Many computers have only one 1/8" jack and the jack is used for headphones (audio out) or microphone (audio in).  In that case your computer does not have a line-in jack.  You will need a microphone to line-in impedence adaptor.  In all cases you will need a cable that has two RCA plugs on one side and a 1/8" TRS jack on the other side.

Jim F
Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
Music Creator 6
Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

stevec71
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/15 23:18:17 (permalink)
In fact my Xenyx has 2 ouputs, could be RCA or two 1/4 ouputs. At first i thought RCA was the way to plugin to my pc through a (usb-RCA) Behringer adaptor, cause saw lot videos of peoples pluging that way.
stevec71
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/15 23:24:55 (permalink)
Jim, yes my laptop has two 1/8 jacks, one for headphone and one for microphone. I feel i should be able to use my mixer with my laptop to plug 2 guitars and one mic to play live through Music Creator, and want also being able to use Amplitude 4 for my guitar inside MC. But also i'd love being able to record the whole live session into MC, but if i cant record all instruments same time i'll survive to it, but at least i wanna be able to play live 2 guitars plus 1 microphone.
Thanks a lot again guys for your help and advice i Really appreciate it seriously, i'm a damn newbie with this i know loll but love so much to play music with my daughter :)

Kalle Rantaaho
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/16 05:06:48 (permalink)
Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my post. I understood you wanted to record the instruments each on their own tracks.
That isn't possible with Xenyx, but there should be no problems recording them all on one track simultaneously, or on separate tracks one at a time.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
57Gregy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/16 09:41:37 (permalink)
Right. A stereo mixer can only output 2 channels at a time, regardless of how many instruments/mics you have plugged into the mixer.
So you should be able to record 2 instruments/mics into MC. Plug 1 guitar into the mixer; set that channels pan all the way left. Plug the other guitar in and pan it all the way right.
In an audio track in MC, set the input to (name of USB device) left and on another audio track, set the input to (name of USB device) right.

To do what you're trying to do, you need an audio interface that has multiple outputs.
And welcome to the forum.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
stevec71
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/19 15:28:31 (permalink)
Thanks guys for all your answers. Well i plugged my 2 guitars, plug my mic, i hear all sound coming out from my amp. Plug guit1 in input 3/4 L and guit 2 in input 5/6 L and my mic in the input 1. I can understand and believe that i can`t record all this, but very difficult for me to accept not being able to get my Amplitube sounds for my 2 guitars....Cause i hear both guitars, i assigned Amplitube to both tracks for my guitars, but not Amplitube sound is coming out...how come? And believe me im not a lazy one waiting answer to try things lolll i did lot of researches on the web to find out how to use Amplitube 4 with Music creator 7. So like said, i get all sounds out to my amp,but without any Amplitube effects :(
Kalle Rantaaho
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/20 03:44:07 (permalink)
Do you have Input Echo enabled? That's required to hear the effected audio. Without it you hear only dry sound.
If you are using (as I've undestood) the laptops internal soundchip,  this may add a disturbing latency to the sound, as the integrated chips seldom work well with DAWs. Then you must try different buffer/driver settings. The integrated chips seldom suppport ASIO, which is the most recommendable driver, but you must try to do with WDM or ASIO4ALL (which is a WDM wrapper, not real ASIO). ASIO4ALL is a free download.

post edited by Kalle Rantaaho - 2016/03/20 04:05:52

Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Music creator with Xenyx 802 with guitar 2016/03/21 00:34:48 (permalink)
I have one of those Behringer USA 200 USB boxes with the stereo RCA in/ outs. 
It does not come with ASIO or WDM drivers so it does not work very well with Sonar. It's just a basic audio interface that uses generic usb audio codex. It works fine to make stereo recordings into something like Audacity or for playback from your computer. 
I use mine without issue just for playback of Win Amp or Media Player from my Laptop at gigs. 
Below you'll see the big issue with it in Cakewalk is your overdubs will not line up properly. This is a screen shot of a loopback test. The top is the original audio, the bottom is what comes back in a loop. It's late by 500 ms. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1