FR? Hardware Profiles

Author
wst3
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1979
2016/03/28 15:53:27 (permalink)

FR? Hardware Profiles

It would be cool if we could store specific configurations of hardware ports to busses for each driver model.

I have two audio interfaces, each serves certain applications. So I'd love to be able to switch from hardware profile A which assigns main out to interface A and whatever else I need, to profile B which assigns things to interface B. Maybe the profiles also enable/disable inputs? And one profile could use WASAPI so I can access all my hardware at once, with a slight latency hit.

Even if we eventually get ASIO aggregation the hardware profile manager could still be helpful.

-- Bill
Audio Enterprise
KB3KJF

1 Reply Related Threads

paradoxx@optonline.net
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 49
    Re: FR? Hardware Profiles 2016/03/28 21:29:54 (permalink)
    Not sure if this will help but I set up different user profiles on my computer, and keep the Cakewalk project files in the C: drive, so that when I open a specific profile it is ready to go with each hardware setup, for example: My presonus profile is set up with my 16 track presonus firewire board, My Line 6 profile with my UX8, etc... Just have to okay the changes when the project file opens! I mostly use one, but the others are there if I need them!

(Save each setup as a project template with a different name so you don't have to okay the changes)
    post edited by paradoxx@optonline.net - 2016/03/28 21:53:54
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1