Windows Insider Preview Build 14295.rs1_release.160318-1628

Author
kevinwal
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1066
2016/04/01 01:17:49 (permalink)

Windows Insider Preview Build 14295.rs1_release.160318-1628

Hey, I'll bet you guys thought I was through with posting these! Well, I moved to the slow ring to keep from pulling my hair out, so this is the first preview release I've installed since the big November rollout last year. This release focuses primarily on bug fixes, the most visible of which are for Xbox users and Microsoft Edge users.

For Sonar users this build works well with quite good performance. I'm running the Early Access release for March, 2016.03, otherwise known as The Release Formerly Known as O-. The system is very stable with no glitches or other untoward problems. ASIO drivers worked fine with good latency.

Installation issues included having to re-re-re-disable all the NVidia and RealTek Audio devices in Device Manager, and this time I had to uninstall, reboot and re-install the Windows 10 drivers for my Motu 8pre firewire interface to get the Wave audio (Windows audio) to work properly. ASIO was fully functional prior to the re-install, but I needs my Windows audio too. You will also need to re-authorize your installation of various plugins depending on authorization model. For Sonar users this will definitely include Addictive Drums 2 via the XLN Audio control panel.

Please post questions, issues or solutions for this preview release in this thread. As always, my friends, live life on the edge!

Kevin

Kevin Walsh
My latest tunes are at Reverbnation, please give a listen!

EVGA X58 Classified III, 24GB Kingston RAM, i7/970 6 core
256GB SSD, 2TB HD
Windows 10 Build 10586, Sonar Platinum, 2016.03
MOTU 8Pre Interface

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1