CCC Cakewalk Command Center - Seven Crucial Fixes / Features Requests:

Author
n13L5
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 73
2016/04/02 06:06:02 (permalink)
4.75 (4)

CCC Cakewalk Command Center - Seven Crucial Fixes / Features Requests:

Didn't find any positively labeled Thread here to append to, so I'm making a list, ordered by importance, with the ability to resume downloads being the most crucial, to save needless data charges for both Cakewalk and its Customers.

1) Purchase a ready made, robust downloader library? Write your own improvements?  Should be a) robust in dealing with missing or truncated packets due to packet loss and is b) able to resume downloads, should the connection break down completely, including c) full check of already downloaded parts on resume.

2) Allow selection of ALL programs the user wants to install in one go, rather than forcing users to go through 10 or more separate installations. (see XLN Installer as an example for this)

3) Have CCC properly recognize ownership of Cakewalk software purchased on Steam, like Z3TA 2, so it doesn't install the demo version, forcing me to waste an hour trying to figure out how to get that installed separately. (yes, I can never remember how I did it last time)

4) Don't check for updates after every one of 10+ partial installs, do it once at completion for the unlikely case an update was released while the installation was completed.

5) There are dozens of different progress bars popping up, each stealing focus every time!  Leave them in the background, if its too much trouble to get a unified progress bar display integrated into CCC.

6) Please DO NOT automatically relocate CCC to the center of the screen. Users do other things on their computer and move the CCC window to where they want it!  What is your point to re-arrange my windows against my will, blocking the view from what I was doing?  (actually this could have been fixed already - I don't recall for sure)

7) Don't have the installer become comatose, if the internet cuts out, when it already has verified licenses and also has local files to install from. This is last, cause its annoying, but we *can* still install by running dozens of individual installation files from the downloads directory.  This is extremely tedious though.

The goal is:  Install the selections of the user as fast as possible, using the least data volume - without requiring unnecessary interaction or interrupting the user in his/her other tasks.

Cakewalk's Painless Delivery and Maintenance Butler would be a good internal name for it, as this name would directly inform the programmer(s) how the software should act: unobtrusive and assiduous.
post edited by n13L5 - 2016/04/02 06:46:17

Favorite toys: Sonar Platinum, Rapture Pro, D-Pro, Melodyne, Brian Hardgroove Collection, Z3TA+2, Mutant Revolution.

5 Replies Related Threads

n13L5
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 73
    Re: CCC Cakewalk Command Center - Six Crucial Fixes / Features Requests: 2016/04/02 06:10:43 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    I think this is a comprehensive list for improving just basic functionality to an adequate level, not asking anything outlandish.

- the outlandish stuff I'll ask later on  ;-)

post edited by n13L5 - 2016/04/02 06:49:45

Favorite toys: Sonar Platinum, Rapture Pro, D-Pro, Melodyne, Brian Hardgroove Collection, Z3TA+2, Mutant Revolution.

Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 751
    Re: CCC Cakewalk Command Center - Six Crucial Fixes / Features Requests: 2016/04/04 11:12:22 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    Thanks for taking the time to post this. Some of this we are aware of and is on our roadmap other stuff (like the window positioning) is something that we can definitely add.

I do have one question

5) There are dozens of different progress bars popping up, each stealing focus every time!  Leave them in the background, if its too much trouble to get a unified progress bar display integrated into CCC.

C3 only has a single progress bar - are you seeing progress bars for specific installers when you do not have C3 in 'Verbose' mode?

If you don't have C3 in verbose mode would you mind letting me know which product/install is doing this?

Willy Jones 
    Cakewalk
    Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 751
    Re: CCC Cakewalk Command Center - Six Crucial Fixes / Features Requests: 2016/04/04 11:18:56 (permalink)
    +1 (1)
    nm I found an example. We should be able to fix that.

Willy Jones 
    Cakewalk
    AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re: CCC Cakewalk Command Center - Six Crucial Fixes / Features Requests: 2016/04/04 11:23:48 (permalink)
    Willy on the spot.  Great job.

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    19 frets
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 39
    Re: CCC Cakewalk Command Center - Six Crucial Fixes / Features Requests: 2016/04/04 12:10:05 (permalink)
    Glad to hear these improvements are in the works. Item 1. has been high on my wish list since the CCC was hatched! Thanks!

19 frets
    Sonar Platinum; Win 7 Ultimate; Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 w/Intel Core i7 2600K 3.4 Mhz CPU; 32 GB Ram: 1 TB int. WD drive: 2 TB ext. Seagate Goflex USB drive; RME UFX interface; .... and "Rusty Knobs" my faithful studio engineer (Yellow Lab)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1