Author
roadjack
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2016/04/10 15:51:37 (permalink)

A300 Pro Driver issue

Hey there,

I've got some trouble with drivers...
I got a A300 (second hand) a couple of weeks ago. Finally got time now to set it up.
Well, it doesn't want to work actually.

I've tried it on two different Win 10 machines, the drivers just do not install.
I plug the keyboard in, lights turn on and it appears in the device manager.
No background installation on any of the machines though.
If I tell him to get the latest drivers through the device manager, well... One machine keeps searching, and searching, and searching... nothing happens. The other machine instantly tells me that drivers couldn't be found.

What shall I do now? I've tried the Win8 driver, it doesn't work either.
I've tried both USB slots on my XPS15 (All USB3, no USB2 available, they should be compatible though...) and two different slots on my desktop machine...
Why aren't there any drivers on the net you can simply download and install? Why are things supposed to make lives easier always making stuff more complicated...? I don't wan't to rely on automatic software updates, just let me download and install the stuff by myself...

Any help is appreciated, thanks! (Sorry for being a bit pissed at the moment...)

Kind regards,
Chris

2 Replies Related Threads

MrMook
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 589
    Re: A300 Pro Driver issue 2016/04/10 18:19:40 (permalink)
    From an earlier post of mine modded for this situation:

This should solve your problem. It did for me and my UA25-EX.

Go Here:

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/home.aspx

You'll need to use IE 6 or later. (IE 11 is available in Win10. Just search Win 10 for Internet Explorer).

Once there search for "ROLAND". Your device is on the second page of eight at the bottom (A Series keyboard).

There are two drivers. The one sized 446 KB is for x64. The other for 32 bit.

Add that to your basket.

Click View Basket.

Then Download.

Unzip that file.

Then go to Device Manager and find your device.

Click the Driver tab, Then Update Driver and select Browse My Computer for Driver.

Select the .INF file from your unzipped download file.

You should be in business.

Good luck!

Dave- 

SONAR Platinum

Intel i7 4790 360 GHz , 32 GB RAM, SR-22, UA-25EX, Win 7 x64, Too many Vsts and Effects.
    Atsuko
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 365
    Re: A300 Pro Driver issue 2016/04/11 10:18:03 (permalink)
    Some more information from Roland:
    * Intel chipset is recommended.
    * The device may not perform to its full specs when used with an added USB 2.0 interface card.
    * This product cannot be used with a USB 3.0 port that is not compatible with USB 2.0 specification.
    * If this product does not work correctly when connected to a USB 3.0 port, you will need to connect it to a USB 2.0 port.
    * Even if connected to a USB 3.0 port, the performance of the product will not change. 

Desktop Intel I7 12GB RAM Win 10 64bit - Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd gen - Roland A-300 PRO - Yamaha HS50M speakers - Sonar Platinum/CbB - Samplitude Pro X3 - Studio One 4 - Melodyne 4 Studio - Ozone 8 Adv - Neutron 2 Adv - RX7 Adv - ARC2 // Notebook Dell I7 8GB RAM Win 10 64bit
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1