SI Strings Only As An Effect?

Author
20musicproject16
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 30
2016/04/24 14:40:59 (permalink)

SI Strings Only As An Effect?

I think I've got something miss assigned. I am using Sonar Professional. The Cakewalk SI Instruments appear as Audio FX within the FS2 folder. Therefore, they can only be assigned to the FX bin. This seems incorrect. I would think and hope that they would appear and a Synth Instrument. I love the sounds of the SI strings but can't seem to get them working as a synthesizer working in tandem with my keyboard controller. 
Do others see the CakeWalk SI Instruments only within the FX folder.  Is there a way to place the synth in the VS2 Synth folder. like Rapture exists?

This may have been addressed elsewhere, so please point me in the right direction .

Thanks!

2 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: SI Strings Only As An Effect? 2016/04/24 14:59:47 (permalink)
    There is a checkbox in the VST plug-in properties dialog to "Configure as synth." This dialog may be accessed from the Plug-in Manager or the VST2 drop down in the plug-in header. Not sure why this particular plug-in would be misidentified and would probably run a VST reset first. The reset can be found in Preferences > File > VST Settings.
    Mingyi Wu
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: SI Strings Only As An Effect? 2016/05/14 08:37:01 (permalink)
    Hi you are not the only one who has this problem. My SI-Bass Guitar, SI-Drum Kit, SI-Electric Piano and SI-Strings are all recognized as audio FX by my Sonar Professional. I think it's the plug-ins that don't work instead of the DAW, for I tried them in another D.A.W who can't recognize them as synths either
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1