Author
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
2016/05/05 21:55:30 (permalink)

Project5 Throwback Thursday - emails from Greg Hendershott, Cakewalk Founder

1/03/2003

Dear john,
On behalf of everyone here at Cakewalk, I would like to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for your continuing support. Our commitment to providing customers like you with the very best in music and sound software has never been stronger as we head into 2003.
When I started Cakewalk back in 1987, I had a vision of creating not just a company, but a community that fostered innovation and technology. Today, over 1,000,000 people worldwide are using our products to create music. This could not have been achieved without your support and feedback.
Throughout 2003 we will have exciting news for you. Just days from now, we'll unveil a new product that is an even bigger surprise than SONAR was two years ago. And that's just the beginning.
Thank you again for choosing and paying for our software. Please accept our best wishes from everyone here at Cakewalk.
Sincerely,
Greg Hendershott
CEO

4/04/2003

Dear Cakewalk Customer,
It's here! Project5 is shipping. Some of you are already using Project5 to create new music, in new ways. Thank you for all your emails letting us know how excited you are. The Project5 team worked very hard to create this next-generation software synthesizer workstation. Hearing your enthusiasm means a lot to them.
What is Project5? It started with a question: What if we design a system from the ground up, pretending hardware synthesizers don't exist? Let's take a clean sheet of paper, and create something based purely on software. That would let us provide fantastic integration—open a project and all of your synths are connected and configured correctly. Plus we could avoid historical baggage like System Exclusive codes, tangles of MIDI cables, expensive multi-port interfaces, and so on.
This product would come with a complete set of high-quality synthesizers and effects...but also give you the freedom to plug in additional soft synths and effects.
This product wouldn't replace SONAR...but it could work closely integrated with it.
This product wouldn't be for everyone...but it would be what a new generation of musicians is looking for.
This product would be...Project5.
I'm happy to say we achieved those goals—the simplicity of Project5's interface makes it an excellent creative tool, and its openness makes it a truly liberating experience. I hope you experience it soon.
To help you hear what's possible, we posted a handful of MP3 files created entirely using Project5. Some are from Project5 team members at Cakewalk. Others come from artists such as Jay Gordon, a Billboard-charting remixer for Linkin Park, Korn, and Limp Bizkit, and Vincent Kwok, an accomplished DJ who is known for his major label remixes of Usher, Kenny Latimore, and others.
If you own the latest version of SONAR, consider adding Project5 to your tool kit. You'll find it's a cool, alternative way to start composing and creating, using Project5 as a "ReWire" client inside SONAR. Or, you can simply use Project5's excellent DXi soft synths and effects, directly within SONAR as plug-ins. Either way, Project5 is a great value and a great experience.
Please send us an email once you get Project5 and let us know what you think.
As always, thank you for being a Cakewalk customer and joining us on this journey into new realms of music technology.
Best wishes,
Greg Hendershott
Founder & CEO
Cakewalk

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 

1 Reply Related Threads

BobF
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: Project5 Throwback Thursday - emails from Greg Hendershott, Cakewalk Founder 2016/05/06 12:39:15 (permalink)
    Ahhhh ... The Goode Ole Days 

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1