Author
taccess
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 534
2016/05/13 04:03:44 (permalink)
1 (1)

Fast Idle Audio Engine / AUTO DISABLE AUDIO ENGINE

Hi Everyone
((((((. Fast idle button/ audio engine automatically stops when playback stops )))))))
Step 1 ) open your big project
Step 2 ) open task manager - take a note of CPU usage % of SONARPLT.EXE - example 50% constantly !
Step 3) inside platinum hit run/stop audio engine button.
Step 4) take note task manager > sonarplt >cpu>%> drops dramatically ,to 0 % .
Step 5 ) imagine if next to the run/stop audio engine button there was a NEW BUTTON CALLED fast idle button , now this button does exactly the same thing as run/stop audio engine , the only difference is that when enabled the audio engine is Automatically stopped as soon as playback is stopped .

Why you ask , very simple , if the fast idle button exists in between the current - run stop audio engine and reset audio and midi button , let's say I enable the fast idle audio engine button , well as soon as I hit play everything still does the same , but as soon as I hit stop the audio engine is stopped , 1) saving cpu , while you do some copying and pasting of audio clips or scratch your balls , and yes guess what if you audition one of those audio clips using sonars J while dragging mouse over a audio sample with the audio engine stopped first ( and yes this already exists , right now) as soon as you lift your finger of the keyboard J the audio engine automatically stops again .( so to recap - with the audio engine stopped - if you hold J on the keyboard- drag over a audio sample - listen to it - take your finger off J - the audio engine automatically stops dead again - and task manager proves it ! )

So the FAST IDLE AUDIO ENGINE once enabled also stops the audio engine dead as soon as playback is stopped , HOWEVER IT MUST BE ABLE TO TRIGGER THE AUDIO ENGINE ON WHEN CLICKING A MIDI NOTE AMD BACK OFF AGAIN WHEN RELEASING OFF THE MIDI NOTE .

THANKS
post edited by taccess - 2016/05/13 19:09:51

z800 Dual x5690
NvME 256gb 950Pro / Win10
LSI  MegaRaid
Nvidia 450 GTS
96GB 1366MHZ
RME Babyface

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1