Have a 1-click setting to Hide or Unhide muted tracks and/or take lanes

Author
tripendicular
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 23
2016/05/22 09:08:10 (permalink)

Have a 1-click setting to Hide or Unhide muted tracks and/or take lanes

Doesn't it make sense that since tracks can be hidden that take lanes can be, too? Take this to the next level and make this happen. Also, provide the option to only hide take lanes for a given track.

3 Replies Related Threads

soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Have a 1-click setting to Hide or Unhide muted tracks and/or take lanes 2016/05/22 19:52:15 (permalink)
    Did you know?!:

To show a track’s Take lanes, click the track’s Expand/collapse Take lanes button .
    Figure 208. Take lanes collapsed.

Figure 209. Take lanes expanded.

The same goes for Automation Lanes.

A button for Muted tracks might be nice, but I would rarely use it.
    tripendicular
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 23
    Re: Have a 1-click setting to Hide or Unhide muted tracks and/or take lanes 2016/05/25 17:56:32 (permalink)
    Thank you for the response.

I'm well aware that SONAR allows a track to be expanded and collapsed to show all or none of its take lanes...but I use multiple take lanes within a track to compose and try out parts and, depending on changes I may make in other parts or the arrangement, I may need to revert to prior takes. So what you reference is not the middle ground that would make viewing and workflow more efficient, as I need true flexibility within a track so I can see each scenario below: a) only what I've not muted; b) all takes; or c) only what I've muted.

The same approach goes for different tracks that may be muted while I try out a part using a different softsynth or patch or want to work on a different section of a song. 

It's all about onscreen real estate. Any way I can see more on the screen, and, in particular, more of what I need to see, the better.
    soens
    Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: Have a 1-click setting to Hide or Unhide muted tracks and/or take lanes 2016/05/25 18:43:39 (permalink)
    Thanks for expounding on this. Your initial post was a bit vague.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1