Import MusicXML

Author
jeffreycl
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
2016/06/01 13:26:08 (permalink)
4 (1)

Import MusicXML

OK maybe this was already covered at some point, but I see posts where the notation portion of Sonar is not that good (and I agree that it is very basic) and should be upgraded.  Sonar can already export MusicXML why can't it import MusicXML.  I have been looking at notation programs and they all can export to xml (which contains more information than MIDI 1 or 0).  My stance is for Cakewalk to put the resources into importing MusicXML instead of notation, then let the users who want notation to get whatever program suits their fancy.  You can go from a fairly decent notation for $100 to a Cadillac version for $600 (or less if you work it right).  While the ReWire feature is great, use the notation program for what it was designed to do...Notation (including ornaments and timing).  And with most having VST capability, you can get a pretty good idea of the sound.  Then export to MusicXML and import the xml into Sonar.  Once in Sonar, use the DAW for its intended purpose...tweak the score down to the note level if needed with all the CC's, envelopes, etc... needed to produce the best sound possible.  Notation programs are for the high level and DAW's get into the granular level.  Importing MusicXML into Sonar would be an excellent bridge between the two.

Just a thought (and my rationale to go with it).

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1